Why did it make TWICE as much money as The Last Duel?

Why did it make TWICE as much money as The Last Duel?

The casting isn't that different and both are historical/period films

Attached: 1650552532336.jpg (1600x2000, 1.03M)

Because Ridley Scott is spent and everyone knows it.

>more stars in the cast
>more popular setting (vikangs vs knights)
>better casting (Matt Damon and Ben Affleck don't belong in medieval France)

Eggers has a schizophrenic but small fanbase that inflates his box office numbers. It will still lose around 40 million dollars tho

>Number one movie on iTunes
Maybe not quite that much

What? Ridley Scott has a great resume. You can't expect all his films to be perfect but he's not a hack by any means

Last Duel's marketing focussed on Matt Damon fighting in a suit of knight armor. none of his fans turned out to want to watch him do that in a medieval legal drama, it's not compatible with his existing persona.

Northman's marketing focused on vague bare-chested warrior action and misrepresented the story as escapist. people showed up expecting Conan.

obviously Last Duel is the far superior film, and probably had a much higher ratio of satisfied viewers (not online reviewers who didn't really see it), but marketing is much more important to grosses.

>Last Duel is the far superior film
Quality bait my friend

>obviously Last Duel is the far superior film

Attached: 1514253862103.jpg (279x312, 19.28K)

Yes

More shilling

the last deul was a bad knockoff of rashamon with a medieval metoo angle.

Last Duel is a great example of how to NOT make a film about history

Isn't the Last Duel about some guy getting cucked? I haven't seen it but from the marketing I got the impression it was a drama for women, thus alienating men, but set in the gritty Dark Ages, thus alienating women.

In Norfman Cinematography was top notch also had a cuter waifu. Also this

The Norfman is a misogynistic flick glorifying paganism. I had hoped we moved past this in 2022. Trump lost btw

It's a trillion times better than The Last Duel.

try to be more subtle next time.

For ESLs: Ridley Scott will never make another good movie.

What about Napoleon?

I have serious doubts about it