Did this really happen...

Did this really happen? I thought these kind of Reagan Silent gen/Baby Boomer republican types of police officers worshipped vets?

Attached: resfd.png (1704x1044, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HdLNcSv_NYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was a Koren War vet one of the forgotten wars, Nam vets got shit on by everyone back then.

>tfw I bought an M65 jacket because of this movie

How autistic am I?

Attached: 153937107784.png (240x232, 51.47K)

better than me, i wanted one because of taxi driver but avoided getting it for years

Not any more than other guys who buy milsurp they see in movies. M65s are warm and useful.

Vietnam soldiers were seen as psycho losers that sullied America’s reputation so all the military worshippers hated them

It's a cool jacket, but I know it would look stupid on me so I'm thankful I'm not that autistic

what about the knife? between the buckmaster the m9 bayonet, the glock knife the kabar and the tom brown tracker from the hunted i don't know what to get

Buy em all. Knives are like shoes & boots, you need a couple different ones for different activities.

>How autistic am I?
Do you know where you are right now?

Attached: 30e9e453e94c03682b95e78884d3b8d4--drive-jacket-ryan-gosling.jpg (736x580, 96.11K)

Vietnam vets got treated like shit. When they weren't being spit on and called baby killers, they were mocked for losing the war against rice farmers.

The cop was salty because he is a Korea war veteran and nobody gives a shit about them.

Why aren't afghan vets mocked for losing a war against sand niggers?

Vietnam was a wildly unpopular war. Vets were seeing as criminals and losers. Congress voted against going back in specifically because Americans were tired of war

Attached: my-lai-page-a1---half-page-15ec9996b53962ae.gif (1024x790, 355.96K)

1.because after nam people realized it was retarded to blame grunts for shit planning on the part of the leaders
2.war on terror was a much different conflict with many vague goals that may or may not have been accomplished

Thanks for explaining user

After the Vietnam War vets got a reputation that was bad on both sides of the political aisle. Lefty hippies hated them because they were muh baby-killers while conservatives mistrusted them because many vets came back with serious drug issues and PTSD. Unironically the movie Rambo helped change the perception of vets following the war and made them more sympathetic to the general public.

The national mood of the country was overwhelming pro-war due to 9-11.
youtube.com/watch?v=HdLNcSv_NYU

Because we're too busy hating political opponents to care.

Republicans dont actually care about vets. How many republicans do you know whove given just one vet their whole months salary.

Everyone forgot about Afghanistan after we left Iraq and everyone knows we were only in Iraq for money, so it's a lot less ideologically driven than Vietnam

no it's cgi it didn't happen

To add onto what the other anons have already said, war correspondence had changed a lot between the Korean War and the Vietnam War due to technological changes. Americans weren't used to seeing from pages headlines and pictures depicting the atrocities that came with war, which helped to create a very negative picture of both the soldiers and the war itself among the public. By the time of Afghanistan however Americans were both used to seeing the horrors of war and the American military itself had realized how bad optics can quickly turn a populace against the war effort and worked hard to minimize collateral damage that could be easily photographed.

>Did this really happen?
Yes, Rambo is a documentary.