Black company tv show

>flixist.com/eliza-dushku-developing-starring-in-adaptation-of-glen-cook-s-the-black-company/

How come I missed this
How the fuck could the CW so the black company of all things, it's the least PC book iv read

Is this actually happening or just some rumor

Attached: Screenshot_2022-05-17-23-21-55-55_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg (1080x557, 346.44K)

First heard about this something like 3 years ago. I imagine its dead in the water by now.

It's been a rumour for like 5 years, Dushku wants to be Lady for a long time now. But she's too old anf frankly this is not the time for good adaptations. Best if never happens.

I think the first 3 books would do great as a tv show
Even the first book would be great

>Too old
I guess so, even though she's said to look like low 20s I wouldn't mind if they aged her up a little

Prime Dushku maybe, but still she don't have the acting chops. Lady must be one of the most beautiful woman you ever saw and also a fucking genius, is just over the top for most actress. I really like those books and I think Hollywood can't do justice for such wonderful characters.

Attached: 1652322214455.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

I just can't get over the idea that CW could ever do this

>How come I missed this
Because like many project its stuck in pre development hell and it's gone nowhere.

They can't, would be BC in name only. They can't do justice to anything in the books, would be another Flash for 5 seasons, with every episode being worse than the previous one.

They better fucking not.

Attached: 1260263066996.jpg (455x358, 18.6K)

AFAIK Dushku is the only one pushing this project. Never saw any other names attached, it seems she wants to produce and play Lady.

Who is on the cover art behind dushku on this pic
Raven and lady I'm guessing, but who's the one on the far left?

>CW
But why?

They should develop these shows into animated series instead of live action.

>it's the least PC book iv read
But now will be PC so they re do the book series and make it PC so everybody enjoy and also add more gays and negroes, get fucked nerd

It's probably why it's in development hell
CW executives were probably hype when dushku brought in the idea then they had their interns go read it and come back with notes complaining about all the rape

>Add more negroes
You haven't read the books

albanians look like THAT?
I thought the cw quit broadcasting

Idk how it would ever work as a tv series
Pages of literal inner monologues/thoughts

Are there good examples of adaptations that manage this well?

It's some shit prequel book IIRC, Cook has not been the same in the last years. That's another Lady's sister.

can confirm I look just like that
t. ALALALAL

There are some things that would make the adaptation quite difficult. Croaker presents what he wants from the Company, but even him admits he left a lot out like the rape and plunder. It's there, he just don't talk about or present in a "civilized" way you can say. There is lots of violence and remember, they are not fighting for the good guys, I can't see Hollywood working this properly. Also some tropes the book work by presenting without dumb mistery box, like the whole prophecy of the Rose, you who is she and the book even make Raven look like a idiot for thinking he was the only one who knew all the time. Those things work well in a book, a 30 minute per episode CW show? No way.

Yeh but raven was a bit dumb

>2020
that's why you missed it

You know it's going to be PROBLEMATIC, right? In the books it's pointed out she looks barely legal and Croaker is middle aged.

Attached: The_Lady_%28The_Black_Company%29_.jpg (1288x1719, 361.53K)

>most talented scion from the most talented bloodline
>marries the most accomplished mortal conquer in history
>not because of love, but because he's afraid of her
>strategic, tactical, logistical genius
>centuries of commanding men and the ability to peer into their very souls gives her unparalleled insight into what moves them
>uses cosmetic magic to keep herself looking like a teenager forever

What did Glen Cook mean by this?

Attached: Lady.jpg (853x780, 79.09K)

I feel genuinely sad for fans of this book series if the CW does gain the rights to it, knowing what they will do. I never even read them because I determined that they might be a little too dry for my taste, personally, but it certainly can't possibly deserve the CW treatment.

the old fuck wrote a new insert book, completely pointless. don't read it, it's really bad.