Got the bluray

>Got the bluray
>Doesn't have the Tangerine Dream score
Why do director's ruin their own movies?

Attached: R (1).jpg (353x462, 38.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0089469/alternateversions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know Legend is a good movie, but I usually get halfway through before I pass out.

The orchestral score is more appropriate, the film was always intended to have one and the DC is a vast improvement in pretty much every way over the theatrical cut

People who prefer the theatrical cut are blinded by nostalgia

Attached: 07557724654.png (555x644, 553.46K)

Kino.

Attached: 1484379478120.webm (800x340, 2.91M)

The orchestral score is generic as fuck. Ridley may as well remove the Vangelis score from Blade Runner.

This, DC with Goldsmith score is better.

based and correct Professor Arturo, DC is superior. One thing I hate about the theatrical version is showing Darkness in the very first season, unlike the DC which builds him up and saves his entrance for when it has impact

Anybody have webms of when he’s in that beautiful forest?

The Tangerine Dream score is pretty generic too buddy, they did it over like a weekend

Multiple cuts of films is the work jews that should have been gassed. One movie, one cut, one soundtrack. Fuck with your jew bullshit.

Jew bullshit, like the jews that recut Ridley Scott's movie because they thought people were too dumb to appreciate his vision

lmao the TC is like watching a music video that's 90 minutes long. They cut out so much story

I'm not sure which version I have. What's the easiest way to figure it out?
Also, is there tv versions like for Halloween and how much more/less scenes are in them? Any scenes that are only in one version, like for the Halloween tv cut?

>I know Legend is a good movie, but I usually get halfway through before I pass out.
It's like a fever dream

bong detected
ive watched both and the tangerine dream soundtrack elevates this to that particular brand of 80s kino that marries audio and visual into near masterpiece

bongs wouldnt understand

TC has electronic soundtrack and has a clearer picture, it's also half an hour shorter. DC is 2 hours long, has orchestral score, and the image will be a bit blurrier because of the lack of a original negative

I like the DC, but they should have kept the Tangerine Dream score, simple as. The orchestral is completely forgettable, but I actually went out and bought the cd for the Tangerine soundtrack.

I'm American and I prefer the Goldsmith score. It's supposed to be a dark fairytale not a new wave music video

Didn't this had something to do with music rights? It's quite common.

are you posting from a phone right now?

>imdb.com/title/tt0089469/alternateversions
I think I have the American version, but I'm not sure if it's the USA network one. I guess it's a good reason to watch the movie again this year.

>bongs wouldnt understand
Actually we would. In the UK they showed the US theatrical cut on tv but released the European theatrical cut on vhs. I just assumed I had imagined a better version because I was so young when I first saw it.

zoomers wont know about tour of duty but it was an 80s 'nam tv show full of the best 60s-70s music and of course they have no rights so the dvd has the most ridiculous crappy like keyboard soundtrack ive ever heard its a crime

I still shit my pants in anger because I got the Quantum Leap dvds a while back and they replaced all the music in every episode by generic music because of music rights. That Elvis episode felt so fucking weird because of it. It felt like I wa sin an episode of Sliders instead of QL lol

The worst part is that some songs are still there, like Hound Dog in the pilot, but season 2 doesn't have any Elvis songs anymore? wtf was that abbout?

Legends needs to be watched 3 times before you can appreciate it.
One time to get over Cruise teeth.
One time to get over how pretty Mia is.
One time to get over your man-crush on Tim Curry.

I own both and love both. Jerry Goldsmith is an excellent composer and it's one of his better works

>tfw I may or may noy have written a Lily/Black Dress sexy fic as a teen a decade or so ago

Attached: legend_3.jpg (1777x758, 66.11K)

>One time to get over Cruise teeth.
I liked him better with the goofy teeth. Same with David Bowie.

how about once to get over how all of these incredible scenes took place on a soundstage

Attached: William-Hjortsberg-Films-Legend-34.jpg (310x450, 76.29K)

Don't forget the unibrow which was strangely in style in the 80s

I do too, but it's very jarring at first when you're used to Cruise post-dental work.