What went right?

What went right?

Attached: 8zr7nr.jpg (2764x4096, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_hw20Qg7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Almost everything. One of the few movies I've enjoyed in the past several years.

a lot, was a fun movie

This is one of the most ridiculous and absurd movies released in the past decade, and that's why I love it.

played it’s ridiculous premise completely straight with no tongue in cheek irony

it starts off as a hallmark movie about a poor abused women then becomes a spoopy horror house movie thenturns into a paranormal crime triller before becoming a kungfu action movie with scenes that rival the matrix. It was really entertaining to watch a competently produced movie that was just vibing in the (current year)

Nothing.

The premise was unbelievably stupid.

Any more movies like this? Horror that doesn't take itself too seriously but it's not a spoof.

>parodying bad movies by just making a straight up bad movie
that's not how it's supposed to go

parody /= homage

This movie was pure sneed

So?

It's closely related to Basket Case.

okay. Let it be homage. My point still stands. You don't homage bad movies by just making straight up bad movie. You use b movies tropes, themes and aesthethics and create an A movie with that. Just how Zahler did with Brawl in Cell Block 99.

that was a straight up B movie

actually no

Weird movie.

Attached: 1631913689098.webm (1400x594, 2.93M)

professor quirrel

It's was pretty lame, was disappointed

hiring bad D list actors with serviceable production quality to dupe the viewers thinking it's a cliché bipolar disorder thriller before dishing out a bonker curveball 3rd act

Attached: 1631913413649.webm (1400x594, 2.93M)

I don't care what your stupid made up rules are, faggot. Malignant is awesome. Go suck cock to fund your hormone treatment therapy. ywnbaw

>that scene where the villain is escaping from the police station but stops to hoof a chair clear across the room at the already defeated detective and smokes him flat on the back with it
hardest I’ve laughed at a movie in awhile. Malignant was the gift that kept on giving

melenia from elden ring

Attached: 1631913475940.webm (1920x1080, 1.29M)

The movie is not scary and it's not funny. There is no point to weirdness for the sake of weirdness.

>brings up trannies out of nowhere

My buddy and I watched that part over seven times.

its very funny user

Pause your life, and watch pic related, if you liked OP's kinography.

Attached: 1.jpg (1734x2573, 1.22M)

>not scary
Agree.
>not funny.
Disagree.

There's no point to life, faggot.

This, the memeing of people going "w0w so bad it's good!!!" seems very artificial. The movie was totally fucking boring for the first 1.5 hours and only gets kind of entertaining at the big finale section

fucking amazing kek

>The movie was totally fucking boring
The truth is YOU'RE really boring. I was laughing from beginning to end.

Touched a nerve, huh? Watch more movies. I'm very entertained by shitty horror movies if they're actually good. If you were laughing the whole time at this garbage you're just a basic pleb with shit taste

just like my animes. kino

>Touched a nerve
Nice 4K laser projection

Is it really a parody/homage to shitty B movies or is that just an after-the-fact excuse like The Room being a "dark comedy"? It doesn't look anything like a B movie, it's cinematography and production is exactly like a modern big studio horror movie, that's what makes it so bizarre. If it was shot like a B movie on actual film with a smaller budget it would actually make a lot more sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_hw20Qg7g

Fun and bravura camerawork as usual.

That was the point, user. They purposely went for a campy horror feel

>is it actually a parody/homage
How could you watch the opening with the scenery chewing acting and insane camera angles and not think you were in for horror comedy kino?

>Have a seat

Irl Voldo

Because it looks so polished and overproduced, basically. Like I said it feels to modern to be a homage to anything from the past.

You're seething, bud. Take a deep breath.