MUH LUKE MARVEL BROS WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED

MUH LUKE MARVEL BROS WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED
RIAN AND KK WILL FORM THE FUTURE OF SW

THEY ARE FEEDING US WITH OLD NOSTALGIA DISNEY + BULLSHIT

IN THE MEANTIME THEY GET THE FUTURE

Attached: 45FA2A04-E49E-4AD4-98A1-950943A33981.jpg (1170x1779, 845.23K)

I honestly thought Kennedy was getting axed after the Disney trilogy fiasco.

Lol no. Kathleen Kennedy has been in the industry for 40 years. She knows where the bodies are buried (she was pedo-Spielberg’s assistant). She is never getting fired. Her being head of lucasfilm is payment for her silence.

>Her being head of lucasfilm is payment for her silence
Considering how poorly she is managing the Disney Star Wars films without getting replaced this is the only rumor I've heard about her that makes sense.

The films were hated by fans, but still made a shit ton of money. From a business perspective she hasn't done enough wrong

the sequels lost half their box office audience in a span of 4 years

TFA made 2 billion, episode 9 made barely over 1 billion

also star wars movies making money is a given, go look at the inflation adjusted rankings, the originals and prequels are all in the top 15 or so

They could always just kill her

Subtracting production and marketing costs the 5 films Dudney have produced have almost certainly not made back the $4bn they spent on it.
Merchandise is also in the absolute shitter to the point that most of their merchandising partners are fucking pissed off and have forcibly renegotiated all the VERY favourable SW merchandise deals which previously existed.
Games and other multimedia have also been fucking disasters across the board.

When you consider that they bought Marvel for the same amount of money and that purchase probably turned profit within two years, there's absolutely no way the investment in SW can be called anything but a fucking catastrophe.

Lol what. They've missed their targets by a ton and the merchandising is dead. You're fucking retarded

My Dad works at Disney and he says they tried to but at the last minute the asset went to Buffalo and sperged out there.

Shit's unbelievably harder than you think.

Star Wars is 100% dead at this point with no viable path to redemption. This could therefore be cringekino of the highest order. Bring it on, I say.

Attached: 1578506180103.webm (436x304, 257.81K)

It's not getting made dude

>merchandising is dead

Baby Yoda alone makes this post retarded.

You fail upwards in Hollywood unless you’re a white male director that oversees an expensive flop.

Why did you listen to cringelord grifters like that mask guy?

>Games and other multimedia have also been fucking disasters across the board.
They’re still making games?

They made a game about Mongolian throat singing.

Nigger the fact that they didn't LOSE money isn't enough when you have the fucking Star Wars brand.
The Sequel Trilogy massively underperformed after TEA and merchandise sales are trash.

The fuck are you talking about? Is this another one of your incel memes?
Common sense says that if you're handed the single most profitable movie IP in history and in less than six years you you unironically turn it into a bomb-factory and reduce merchandise sales to kill, you would MOST LIKELY get fired.
It's "all about the money", isn't it? Or is it not now?

Star Wars profits were about the merchandise, not the box office. She killed what was a cash cow for a couple prime cut steaks.

I like SW and TLJ but I‘m not a manchild

Which they did not even have ready until months after the first season aired because KK was so brain dead she did not think anyone would want merch of it. Missing out on a huge window when the buyer interest was highest. Absolutely retarded

>he still thinks Kikewood is about the money
Oh my sweet brother in Christ have you even LOOKED at the box office in the last ten years?!?

She's too well respected for her previous work and has too many friends for them to sack her. However I can't believe she hasn't stepped down herself, it is beyond obvious she is not cut out to be the head of Lucasfilm.

She did that spitefully on purpose because she had basically nothing to do with Mando.
Supposedly she's been put in the retard corner and has very little to do with future productions except having her name slapped on as a producer from now on.

Yeah user Rians trilogy will be canceled the 10th time because reddit said so
And KK will be fired in two weeks

>her previous work

Spielberg letting her put her name next to his really made people think she actually had some skills and vision