Films for real drug users, not just grass?

films for real drug users, not just grass?

Attached: 713POpLd-tL.jpg (882x1360, 187.64K)

This movie got boring very quickly. I stopped watching when they went to the race track.

That's when the film peaks

you unironically got filtered

Great movie.

Has anyone watched this while on mushrooms or acid? I noticed all kimds of hidden shit in the background that the director or whomever put there. Pretty interesting.

Yeah Terry Gilliam shots usually have a lot going on. I think I tried watching it on acid once but then I got bored and started watching the wall instead.

Give it another shot man. You'll be amazed at all the shit in the background.

On acid once, me and my girlfriend at the time laughed for minutes straight at the golf shoes line

I always liked how the audio and camera movements change depending upon what drug they're using in the film.

I saw it as a 16 year old and had the typical high school reaction to it, "woah HST is badass what a legend" etc. It's an incredibly uncomfortable and sad movie once you get out of the "drugs are badass bro" phase.

Afraid television doesn't really do it for me on acid. When I can see the sheer depth and beauty in every single thing that exists the last thing I need to be doing is watching some show I reckon. Glad it worked for you though.

Yeah that's kind of the point. Definitely his best work.

That's what the diner scene is for, snaps you back to reality and makes the viewer see what terrible people they are

Still waiting for the movie adaption of the Curse of Lono

>once you get out of the "drugs are badass bro" phase.
Good thing I never got out of it
And probably never will

I hated it. There were so many passages from The Last Voyage that I felt like I should've just read that instead. Rolling Stone was right, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was his only truly great work and he lost his touch.

Now, less than twenty years after his death, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look down, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark of his career—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

It's funny to me how many people consider it to be some sort of stoner buddy comedy, the entire point is that the hippy era and drugs in general were/are just chasing something that didn't exist and eventually you have to sober up and accept mundanity

>everyone who reads/watches Fear and Loathing or had to spend time with Thompson ended up taking on many of his mannerisms and personality traits for some time afterwards

why? what's so special?

>DUDE DRUGS ARE SO COOL LMAO
biggest midwit movie

Worst part of the book

>Now, less than twenty years after his death, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look down, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark of his career—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

+1 astute