Just finished this and I have a genuine question, no bait, is this really the people's champ for best action movie...

Just finished this and I have a genuine question, no bait, is this really the people's champ for best action movie? It wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but the best?

Attached: The Raid.jpg (1388x2048, 627.22K)

What's your pick for the best then?

i don't think it's one of the best action movies, but i do think it has some of the best action in a movie

That's a good stance, I agree with that.

Fast paced hand to hand combat films aimed for adults are rare in the west. That's why they love this franchise so much.

Raid 2 is even better.

I'm looking forward to it.

It's not the best but it was pretty good

That's fair enough.

Watch out for:
mud scene
car chase scene
kitchen scene
And
THE greatest fight scene of all time: the corridor scene

I like ONG-BAK, i wouldnt say its the champ but more of the OG vibe it brings from the 90's asian action film

Watch raid 2 retard

Same thought OP. It's a 6/10. Sicario is better.

No comparison whatsoever

You misunderestimate the quality of American action movies.

Its Protector for me

idk man, the machete hallway fight scene including the one in the small house afterwards to me are the best in both movies. Even if it aged bit poorly due to noticing them pulling their punches on rewatch the choreography as a whole is still the best.

the car chase was fucking amazing. incredible camera work. these films are like 50% fantastic camera work and 50% killer martial arts choreography.

I like martial arts films where the fights have a rhythm and its almost like a choreographed dance.

that's why I love The Raid movies, they manage to mix gritty realism in the choreography

reddit movie

>THE greatest fight scene of all time
lolno

They've probably never been exposed to Asian action kinema before. It is a 10/10 with minimal cgi use compared to We*tern shit.

That one suffers too much from 'everyone else waits around while one guy runs at Tony Jaa at a time' syndrome

The Raid was the movie that set the bar, bunch of hollywood directors saw this movie and made it an inspirations. It's the reason why recent action movies tried to bring back more steady shots and less cut. If you watch The Winter Soldier after watching this movie you can clearly see the inspiration.

nah

it's not. The fight scenes are still great, but the plot is dumb, predictable and boring. As if a tard watched Infernal Affairs and tried to copy it. Raid 1 knows what it is and is great at it. The premise is simple and the tension keeps rising throughout the movie. Raid 2 tries to be deeper, more complex and fails horribly. If you cut out 30 minutes of the plot parts of Raid 2 you would get a better tighter movie.

Yes it is.

some old kung fu flicks are better