Aim for historical accuracy

>Aim for historical accuracy
>They all speak english

Why not go all the way and get the actors to speak the language at the time and just add subs? Mel gibson does it just fine

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 7.81K)

>Actors don't actually raid a Ukranian village and murder each other

muh immersion is ruined

The Vikings did speak English though

I'm sure Eggers is even more autistic, but you don't get near 100 million budget from a studio to then make it not in English.

I think the original cut was them speaking in the native tongue but it didn't do good in test screenings so they did it all over in post.

Apocalypto was a one-off. A great movie btw.

studio wouldn't let him

bro the movie flopped anyway, imagine how much less it would earn if they are not speaking english in the movie

Attached: Screenshot_20220516-110320_VLC.jpg (2410x1080, 214.82K)

>fall for the berserker meme

English was close enough to Old Norse. They're both Germanic languages. It didn't seem weird, since they had the Scandi accents.

I don't remember any berserkers

He literally did it in his previous movie. In fact, he fought against even having subs.

Then what was those faggots acting like wolves were?

>doesnt travel back in time to record actual events

>>Aim for historical accuracy
Did they really?

>Then what was those faggots acting like wolves were?
Ulfhednar.

The depiction of material culture is fantastic.

thats what annoyed me with Chernobyl, faggots speaking english and saying "comrade" every second word in heavy russian accents seemed fucking stupid i couldnt get into the show at all

>Heavy Russian accents
Did we watch the same show?

They didn't even bother with the accents. Did you even watch the show?

Romulus did it quite well and it was okay, i dont know the added value compared to if they just spoke Italian but i get the reason why it was done as such. In here it could work quite well here if the actors all spoke icelandic as it is quite close to old norse

In the marco polo tv series gengis khan was speaking english
Why?
No one on the team even pretended to care about showcasing language barriers.

you didn't actually watch the show eh?

Touché, uncultures swine

What I hate is when a character travels to another country and everyone speaks English with a slight accent. I was watching Batman Begins and random Chinese prison guards and people in remote Chinese villages were speaking English when they only had a few lines. Why not just have them speak their native language and add subtitles, does Hollywood think people are that stupid?

>Create movie spoken in dead language
>Dont include subs
Visionary

I hate this argument. If they spoke old norse you fucking autists would complain that their accent isn't pitch perfect

Attached: 0ee80e4943f6be99.jpg (466x398, 45.75K)

>>Aim for historical accuracy
>>all white
some vikings were brown skinned, historical fact