Why did GoT fanboys want Jaime Lannister to become a good goy? He was literally perfect as a villain...

Why did GoT fanboys want Jaime Lannister to become a good goy? He was literally perfect as a villain. Their expectations to fall in love with that cringe giantess were even more laughable.

Attached: intro.jpg (780x439, 98.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R1fsTYP-N0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the actor is cool, and protags get more screentime.
On a personal note, I wanted to see him git gud again with a sword, despite his hand loss.

Muh heckin character arc tho

Because people like to see growth over time. He was a good villain, then he learned humility and became a good person, then he reverted out of nowhere for no reason. The writers (including George, he's not totally blameless here) set out to create a narrative that completely subverted narrative tropes, like character and plot arcs, and without them the entire story feels pointless and unsatisfying.

>muh heckin hero!

Attached: 6e9.png (600x841, 260.7K)

Jaime was never really a straight up bad guy he was young and was blinded by his dreams and manipulated by his psychopathic sister his character was about getting rid of those things and remembering his own younger and more honorable self

It was literally retarded fangirls thinking they could save him.

Because it was good in the books

I just wanted magic regeneration hand Jaime plus Jon Snow 2v1 Night Kang. Would have been kino.

AZOR JAIME

Attached: DiUZPPoUEAECHbm.jpg (644x640, 76.53K)

Its a common character arc that most people love to see happen unless you're a Any Forums autist who unironically wants their expectations subverted in a lame manner

he's a good guy, his stubbornness in presenting himself as the bad guy made him more honorable than Ned Stark, and likely the best GOT character overall. they lost him for a moment there, from season 5 to season 8 give or take, but they redeemed him in the end, in a way.

Because he's the best character, and he deserved a triumphant redemption arc.
youtu.be/R1fsTYP-N0s

Attached: f446d0db32d2d9ad3e2845cc4c52d95b.jpg (868x1024, 137.68K)

>nobody was Azor Ahai
The only thing I wanted to see happen which was predictable. I wanted Azor Ahai.

HOW WOLF JUDGE LION?

Attached: 1559527764874.jpg (238x238, 18.94K)

Jaime was good. He only really did bad shit when it came to his sister, but overall Jaime is a great character and man.
>villain
The only villains in GoT are the wights, ramsay Bolton, and Jofferey lannisters. Dickwads that have no redeeming qualities.

Sweaty it was actually Arya Stark who was Azor Ahai okay? Like oof nowhere did it say it couldn't be a man-girl-thing okay?

Attached: 1624153653617.png (420x432, 173.11K)

Stannis was Azor Ahai

Attached: Stannis doomed.jpg (1080x2009, 1.05M)

I mean just jofferey. Other lannisters are based and good even tywin.

Because in Feast of Crows Jamie has already become a good guy and they followed GRRM's planned character arc

he did literally nothing wrong

They fucked up his arc by doing nothing with him in S5-S7. Didn’t even follow the book story. It’s clear that his arc was to become a Queenslayer as well.

The absolute worst part was giving him the character moments from feast and then just ignoring the part where he gives up on Cersei finally, what a horrible adaptation but it was a fun trainwreck on here rip /GOT/

Attached: 1632515769022.gif (300x303, 2.98M)

your story got kiked cry harder got fag

Jaime's chapters in ASOS and AFFC (+ the one in ADWD) are unironically my favourite bits in ASOIAF and fantasy in general

That one bit from the books where he reminsces about how he used to dream of being a knight like Arthur and ended up like the smiling knight is amongst GRRM's best bits, at least from the limit things I've read of his style.

nah, dude couldn't even pull a flaming sword