We've had plenty of post-apocalyptic tv shows and films over the years

we've had plenty of post-apocalyptic tv shows and films over the years
but what about post-post-apocalyptic
like things are fuckedup for years afterwards but either everyone eventually dies/kills/eats one another or some sort of equilibrium is reestablished and some sort of low tech struggling society reemerges, probably some sort of weird blend of medieval and industrial revolution
has that ever been seen on film or tv?

Attached: Ford_XB_Falcon_Coupe_Mad_Max_interceptor_replica_crop.jpg (940x600, 462.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6IUd6qh4c68
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 738329250362.jpg (1763x2037, 375.45K)

Star Trek but that's more post post post apocalyptic
Hunger Games
Outside of film and tv there's Canticle for Leibowitz and Fallout games set in the west

>weird blend of medieval and industrial
Sounds like Stephen Kings's Dark Tower but you don't wanna watch the "adaptation"

Attached: ipcaD2BbPlOVPnGBXyBjbvbJRNz0zgT2FEDOVgZU_5tYtYtkaLaJQ5DQmBdXeM4x58b6zvnzi5um=s0.jpg (1280x1941, 743.3K)

that's the twist of some movies

Yeah Canticle is a good example of what I mean
isn't that fantasy?

which ones? I know there have been more than a few SF novels where people discover they've been unwittingly living in a generation ship

Into the badlands?

SPOILERS for Blood Drive, it was a Cannonball run with heavy Twisted Metal vibes, and the apocalypse happens slowly of screen to the point that you don't even know it's happening until late into the show.

this is what happens at the end of Threads (sort of)
even Mad Max could fit into that category since the nomads are all adapting themselves to their environment

>isn't that fantasy?
Depending on the book, it's Western, post-apocalyptic sci-fi, or Fantasy

I don't want to spoil them. but like 4 different ones

>post post-apocalyptic
literally Star Trek

Battlefield earth

That's straight post-apoc

I saw the word post in everyone's posts and it made me think i'd seen the word Postman which I hadn't which is strange since it's THE ANSWER to OP

Postman is still post-apoc, retard.

Not really, the "war" happened a thousand years ago and there are human villages.

Pandorum

thats still post-apocalypse
Waterworld is sorta post-post, the Atols is certain civilization restabilizing and being established

Protip: if your setting heavily features the ruins of civilization and/or repurposed structures/technologies from prior civilization, you're still post-apocalyptic.

That one part of Cloud Atlas.
Logan's Run
Planet of the Apes

As for books The Book of the New Sun is a great example.

for me, it's doomsday(2008)

Attached: 1627091754974.jpg (1200x675, 52.13K)

How the fuck is it not this, you faggots?
>some sort of equilibrium is reestablished and some sort of low tech struggling society reemerges, probably some sort of weird blend of medieval and industrial revolution

You seriously going to say Waterworld but not the postman you stupid cunt?

Cloud Atlas

Doomsday has literally 3 post apoc settign at once.

Zombies
Mad Max
Medieval

And Rhona Mitra as Snake Plissken.

>Rhona Mitra
wew lad she is one of the greats
youtube.com/watch?v=6IUd6qh4c68

Attached: 1623011844698.jpg (720x540, 82.07K)