Why does every villain nowadays have to be relatable? i miss the dark lords

why does every villain nowadays have to be relatable? i miss the dark lords

Attached: sauron.jpg (1200x1200, 362.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYNDHuH6MNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I miss evil wizards, warlocks and liches

Attached: Arlokk009.jpg (1500x1070, 1.67M)

What does he look like underneath that armor?

Sauron is relatable, but only to Any Forumstards.
>Those Jews, why are they so much better than us, they aren't really better than us!
>My entire personality is built up around how much I hate the most successful and perseverant race with the most talent and highest IQ in the world!
>You see this culture? This religion? Jews made it, sure, but now I'm using it against them because I'm the best!

I find Melkor relatable.
Tolkien made him too sympathetic.

Attached: 1b0c4b8cae05734366c88036b7232675.jpg (1280x1819, 227.3K)

pre downfall of numenor - beautiful femboy/slightly elvish in appearance
post downfall - ugly white man

Meds now.

He is relatable, he's not even strictly evil. Where Morgoth just wanted to destroy everything Sauron didn't, he wanted control and order. It's just that he wanted to do it his way which conflicted with many people in middle earth
If the Numenoreans had just let him be, maybe he would have reciprocated

we could have had dark lord kino again if D&D weren't braindead retards

Attached: night king.jpg (2500x3864, 2.02M)

>Where Morgoth just wanted to destroy everything
Melkor just wanted to create life.

Actually very accurate.

>he is relatable
>wants to replace the people of middle earth with literal monsters

A large blackened smoldering man missing a finger

Back when most villains were indisputably evil there was the issue that most of them lacked depth or weren't interesting. Making them morally grey or anti-heroes rather than straight villains is an easier and more conducive way to make villains interesting i.e. it takes less skill and effort for a more engaging result.

There were plenty of pure evil villains that were engaging because the themes they represented and their role as analogues for real-world issues regarding society or humanity were well-developed and resonated deeply with people. So, we know for sure that pure evil villains can be engaging.

Just speculation but I think that part of the reason we don't see so many pure evil villains nowadays is because of the general moral state of the world right now. So many people doing really terrible things in broad daylight and going unpunished for it, so much corruption that is acknowledged but never denounced. The average person now will actively advocate for the spread of evil and damaging ideologies e.g. the number of psychopaths who genuinely believe that people who disagree with them politically should be killed. So, I think making villains in pop culture morally grey rather than straight evil works to reaffirm real world evil people's view of themselves and perpetuates the deterioration of society for the lower and middle classes while enabling the high class to engage in evil as much as they please without having to face repercussions as they would have had to do 50 years ago.

It might not even be consciously thought of when they design these morally grey villains and put them into the mainstream. But, on a subconscious level I think it makes these authors and producers etc feel safer and more secure about themselves and the evils they perpetrate in the real world.

Attached: 1645825178799.jpg (1024x538, 71.31K)

No one is impressed by kikes. They are just tired of dealing with you and your neurotic victimhood inferiority-complex bullshit when you are given a million chances to shape up and assimilate and not be such a fucking a nuisance.

Your kind do nothing but screech on about white supremacy in front of your own women and as a result they cuck you and then you all turn into trannies and shit up muh interwebs boards. You know, like you are doing right now in a thread about fucking lord of the rings you stupid jew homo.

You kike have reduced your own race's population by 95% in a single century with this faggotry. Take some affirmative action and make it 100% faggot.

Attached: You.jpg (680x703, 70.45K)

>he can't relate to dark lords
normalfag out

>it takes less skill and effort for a more engaging result.
Then why are most of the popular villains usually just complete unrelatable evil assholes like the Joker, Palpatine or Frieza?

Obligatory.
Only a thing in DnD. Even in comics "evil sorcerers" are exceedingly rare and magic villains usually have a handful of powers.

Attached: villains tiers.jpg (816x1199, 163.29K)

evil for the sake of being evil is boring

cuz they're having fun with it. if your villain isn't enjoying themselves, the audience will never sympathize. ironically, a pure evil villain is more emotionally sophisticated than most gray ones. which is a dig at these shitty gray villains as much as it's a defence of the black ones.

Joker has been humanised to some extent in recent years.

Like I said, there are plenty of popular and really good villains that relish in being evil and hate all things good. It's just that these types of characters seem to be more difficult to pull off and require a lot of thought going into how they can leverage the audience's deepest-rooted thoughts, fears, behaviours etc to make the character engaging in ways that children's cartoon villains aren't. There's a sort of epic, biblical weight to them that resonates with us because such ideas are so deeply ingrained in our culture.

So, my theory is that there's been a push to pull those ideas out of our culture in an effort to keep the corrupt pedophile elites from facing consequences for their actions and to subject civilian populations to even greater moral degradation == more poverty and easier to control.

>Joker has been humanised to some extent in recent years.
Only literal retards humanize the joker.

Liberals
youtube.com/watch?v=TYNDHuH6MNA

I miss the typical charming rogues and dastardly back stabbers. So few actors have that cheeky natural charisma to them anymore.

...and of course, amateur writers en masse imitate the more popular/successful writers who engineer these tropes based on agendas in the first place. So the ideology spreads through this way, too.

And like I said in my first post, a lot of writers probably feel more comfortable writing morally grey villains because they are likely guilty of some evil themselves (everybody in the modern world is) and they don't want to have to face it by constructing an antagonist that is unquestionably evil without redeeming qualities. For example there used to be a lot of straight evil villains in times where religion was popular and the idea of repentance and conquering the animal side of our humanity were encouraged. But, without systems and ideas like these, people become afraid of facing their inner evil === they become afraid of acknowledging any evil at all. Instead of seperating "good" and "evil" within themselves, they see both of these elements constituting their whole - and in the modern world, "the whole" is all that matters.

The answer is 9/11.
Everything must explainable and be in the realm of reason, lest the absurd takes over the american mindscape