Why don't they make movies like this anymore?

Why don't they make movies like this anymore?

Attached: 82592628a2e74f412415d7e84753d2f6.jpg (1024x768, 133.16K)

The Northman felt like something from that period. You should watch it. Um... The North Water was fantastic also. Good stuff comes out rarely now.

Current day demographics that they are trying to appeal to, blacks and women, have no interest in boats.

By period I mean the year Master and Commander came out. I'm guessing it's been like two decades.

>2003

I was close.

Attached: 20211211_044649.jpg (686x686, 48.73K)

Too expensive. When they do make boats movies now they usually do CGI to cut corners and it often makes the movie feel sterile and "off" and they also skimp on the bro-ness to shoehorn in female characters or diversity, which can work in a miniseries like The Terror but will absolutely hobble a film that depends on tight editing and a focused plot. Just look a Greyhound. Having to find something for the ladies and something for minorities to do ate the movie alive.

Attached: 1637305416343.jpg (1012x1500, 245.89K)

There is the politics of it, kikes and so forth
Another aspect is there are no stars that can pull off such movies anymore, to be honest. Who is the Russel Crowe of current year? None come to mind

If they could, would you want them to?
>Lucky Jack regulated to incompetent captain so strong female lead can shine despite there being no such thing on an english crewed boat in the 1800s
>huge subplot with black crew members and white ones clashing
>ships doctor would be gay because he's educated and british. Or indian
>Quips everywhere
>Movie would pause every five minutes to explain shit because modern audiences lack nuance
>ship with all black female crew appears in 3rd act to save the day

It's demographics, the studio's can make a billion turning out CGI cape shit to children for a fraction of the coat of a movie with actual full scale sets filmed on location.

The biggest women filter there ever was

Attached: 1496609925488.png (1067x600, 1.06M)

>It's demographics

I wanted to say something like that. Masculine movies don't make money compared to capeshit. Movies are infantile and feminine now because people are easier to control that way.

No it didn't, Master and Commander was fun. These modern period pieces are boring

Attached: 1652520024081.jpg (3172x2160, 1.18M)

they are making a movie based on early books in the series
but the only thing that is known so far about it is the writer so it's too early to tell if it's going to be shit or kino

they spend too much money on production

As long as it's being written by a Woman of Color.

because making a movie is a buisness decision not an artistic one

Attached: br.jpg (757x399, 25.6K)

>making a movie is a business decision not an artistic one

Attached: 1593446426207.jpg (1080x604, 315.83K)

>Patrick Ness
looks like a white dude to me

Netflix etc. and pirating of movies, that's why...

Master and Commander had actual characters and not just Handsome Viking vs 8 generic Vikings

>pirating of movies
no, if I can't pirate a movie or a game I simply move on
they never had a sale so they never lost one on the first place