What's on your media server?

Was just adding a bunch of stuff to my media server that I share with a buncha friends.
Rate my film selections.

Attached: PLEX 1994 2001 selection.jpg (1920x1047, 818.47K)

Attached: PLEX 1989 1994 selection.jpg (1920x1047, 833.84K)

Attached: PLEX 1983 1989 selection.jpg (1920x1047, 828.04K)

total shit and I'm basing that entirely off the fact that you have the '97 Love Bug movie on it

Attached: PLEX 1978 1983 selection.jpg (1920x1047, 835.82K)

We all have our guilty high school faps...
Also, I tried to get every Disney movie I could find, the good and bad.

Attached: PLEX 1969 1976 selection.jpg (1920x1047, 834.29K)

You literally have no taste.

Attached: PLEX 1910 1969 selection.jpg (1920x1047, 811.81K)

If I ever wanted to sit down and make myself something like this, how much space would you recommend purchasing?

I'm just a Herbie autist and hated the 97 one. I don't even remember what in the movie you could have fapped to unless you're talking about the Lohan movie which was hot.

and these recent additions

Attached: PLEX new additions.jpg (810x4480, 1.53M)

I actually don't know if I've seen it. Maybe on tv. I just wanted to make the joke.
I did watch the original Herbie movies on tape as a kid.

>Japanese Train Videos
Huh?
Interesting set up, mine's a lot more simple. I just have three categories, Movies, Shows and Music. Each one then has "Collections" for each genre. Currently I have 309 series and 871 movies. I doubt I'll crack 900 with the films as at this point I'm mostly just adding stuff I haven't seen before, but with the tv shows it's probably going to be at least another month before I feel it's complete. Honestly looking at your movie lists, mine has considerable overlap.

I guess I'll just post screenshots of the collections and then if anyone's curious post the individual collections.

I should mention though it's not perfectly organized. I have fairly complete collections of the films of Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd which *should* be in the Comedy collection, but that's like sixty films and I just haven't taken the time to add them.

Attached: Film Collections.jpg (1480x622, 232.94K)

I got my share on an 8TB drive. That also includes all my video game roms.
Though it's really TV shows take up a shit ton of space if you want them in good quality. So you may want an 8TB just for those. Dunno what they're up to now.
Funny enough, I also have a few shelves of DVDs and Blu-rays. Plus a bunch of stuff in boxes in storage still from the last move.

I haven't tested out the collections. Just created separate tabs based on some of different folders I made based on stuff like Disney movies and Kaiju flicks.

just stopping by to say plex is cringe but johnny mnemonic is based

consooooooooooooooooooom

wtf is plex? are yall just plex employees shilling this literally who streaming service?

nothing beats Netflix sorry

And the series.

Depends on how much you want to add, and how important video quality be to you. I would say 90% of what I have is at least 720p, and in those cases it's only because that's the best quality I could find. The lowest quality file I have on the entire server is this garbage copy of The Killer Tongue which to begin with is a shit movie, but it's got a gorgeous actress basically wearing body paint and it's weird as fuck, and I can't find a seeded torrent or higher quality source anywhere. I recently upgraded Beast Wars to 1080p copies, which changed the total file size from like 9gb to 30gb. Worth it to me as it's a personal favorite.

To accommodate this I upgraded to a 10tb external. I'm like 90% done and it still has like 3.3tb of free space.

Attached: Shows Collections.jpg (1305x355, 141.76K)

But no money is being spent, so what's the harm?

You know the "he's pulling out the HDMI cable..." meme? Plex is basically the way around that. You pirate shit, set it appropriately in a hard drive, Plex reads the media from it and sets it up just as it would look on any other streaming service, but it's streaming from the hard drive you have it set up with

>no money is being spent, so what's the harm?
xcuse me sir, you paid for those movies?

Attached: 1631192177231.jpg (657x684, 71.56K)

Yarrr, only paid with the time it took to find and acquire my bounty.

Attached: 9640bd10a63f079c71390ad58f648110.jpg (735x636, 70.72K)

have some documentaries too

Attached: plex doc films.jpg (800x3600, 1.15M)

Right now, I only have HDs and files organized in name and year. I used to have an OSMC but the old pi couldn't handle better formats, so I used it on something else. Maybe if I see something like an updated pi that doesn't shit itself I'll make it into my HTPC.

Goddammit user...
they are supposed to SUSPECT we are pirating, you aren't supposed to run to the window, drop your pants, and put your asscheeks against the glass so they can see.

Attached: 1589882746690s.jpg (250x221, 3.88K)

yarp

Attached: steve the pirate 9848636.jpg (524x448, 96.15K)