Inspire many movies and shows

>inspire many movies and shows
>zero actual screen adaptations of his work
Bros...

Attached: H.P.-Lovecraft.png (500x500, 158.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPIZboQw1zA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

color out of space

Lurk more

Attached: Reanimator_poster.png (248x390, 202.57K)

peak lovecraftian horror is the fear of the unknown, when he calls something "indescribable" your imagination does a more horrible work than any depiction.

Literally this. Op is a retard.

Does anyone here really like this guy for any other reason than him calling his cat or whatever niggerman? His stories are boring as fuck

Hard to do properly. Either you go full in on the eldritch fantasy, with the only good one being Hellboy, or you try for the more difficult unknowable horror type story, where things are very dream like and strange. The problem is that there isn't a baked in audience for this kinda stuff, so hollywood isn't going to risk it.

youtube.com/watch?v=lPIZboQw1zA

Yes. I enjoy his work very much.

he and poe are objectively bad literature with shite prose but they're influential. sorta like that balzac fag who's beloved by many authors but gets outclassed by all who he influenced. fun reads but not greats at all.

What makes literature objectively bad?

you're a fag

This.

Some literary works are hard to bring to life on a screen. It is funny how it is said "A picture is worth a thousand words", and yet a screenplay is a shallow derivative of the book it is based on.

Does anyone have that image where it's plato's cave but outside of it is just a giant eldritch monster? That picture is horrifying to me and I think perfectly encapsulates lovecraftian horror.

Bad prose. Holy fuck my sides. You must be a salty nigger, faggot, or midwit F. Scott Fitzgerald reader.

>muh prose
Imagine being so autistic and arrogant, that you think you can apply a single universal rule to any and all literature to gauge how good it is. This is why nobody likes you.

dullard moment

>dullard moment
poor prose there, anonymous

this man is correct,

you have my /thread

>i kneel

Dagon was the only great adaptation of his work, but for some reason, they swapped the names around and changed some of the story elements. There has never been anything resembling a 1:1 adaptation of his work as far as I know.

Forgot to add that the movie Reanimator had nothing to do with the story.

Attached: 1645371252276.jpg (1052x591, 260.49K)

There's been plenty of adaptations of his stories, tf are you talking about? They're not exactly like the original works but they're still adaptations. Ironically though Call of Cthulu is his most famous work and it has never been adapted.