Why do people look down on those who enjoy comic book/superhero movies?

Why do people look down on those who enjoy comic book/superhero movies?

Attached: file.png (1400x700, 2.05M)

I own like 4 long boxes of comics and I look down on unironic MCU fans for the most part. Like, it's fine if you like them the way you like fast food, but people who consume exclusively capeshit are subhuman. Same rule is true for comics desu. I haven't bought one in like 7 years though.

I look down on anyone that watches any television or film. Read a book

never

>I haven't bought one in like 7 years though.
opinion discarded

Because it's pathetic

why?

Reeks of bad taste

snobism

Because most of these movies are all safe and the same. The only good comic book movies are TDK, Iron Man, and Spider-Man 2.

>The only good comic book movies are TDK, Iron Man, and Spider-Man 2
epic bacon moment

Nobody looks down on people for liking capeshit, it's actively encouraged to watch the latest superhero thing. The only ones where it's cringe are megafan soiboy geeks, in which the stereotypes are true.

I know rite

they're boring shitty childrens movies and deserve the hate

To feel superior and remind to themselves they are not failures like capeshitters. But actually, they are.

People don't, just the weirdos here, and half of them are watching it too. Why do you think the board got taken over by Spider-Man and then Batman right after?

>disney bullies theaters to show that garbage at all times
>sweeps up directors to have them helm capeshits
>same thing over and over
>cardboard characters, thanos in a single film was more layered and interesting than all of the avengers and their films prior

Attached: 1461005469125.jpg (2709x2485, 1.44M)

Mainly the stories, not the content. They are just written by lazy story tellers, even before the stories were infected with social agendas. I think the main problem with these films is that they are written by committee, very rarely does a single person get to tell a story they want to tell. It may start that way, until the table of writers butcher the original concept to the point of it being unrecognizable, dumbing it down for the masses.

There is something deeply repulsive about capeshit that I find hard to articulate. A lot of superhero stuff might piss me off, or just elicit total indifference due to how garbage it can be, but even superhero media which I enjoy a great deal just bothers me in some way. There's a fakeness to a lot of it, any game or film that is just totally ridiculous and honest about what it is I find enjoyable. But the shit that takes itself seriously just reeks of dishonesty and artifice, even down to how the voice acting and animation is done in a lot of cases. It can try to be twee, or sentimental, but theres a deep rooted lack of empathy that makes all the dialogue come across as canned, like a really shallow imitation of what a "wholesome" interaction should be from the point of view of a robotic narcissist who tacitly assumes anything positive or nice means a mutual agreement to be dishonest and coddle one another in a very regimented "etiquette" sort of way, that even when it tries to be spontaneous and impulsive, all the movements and sounds the characters make come across as forced and written by a sociopath playing with a dollhouse, creating his utopian reality where nobody really challenges one another. I guess a way to put it would be that even in the worst western media, a characters arc is usually about self honesty and their inner moral voice, the task of becoming a better person and learning. With a lot of capeshit its almost like they have no concept of that, and a good world is not one where individuals become good, but where everyone gets what they want so nobody has to be cruel to get what they want, and being a good friend is more being polite than pushing someone to be better. Its hard to explain what I mean. Its evident in the way they treat maturity and tragedy, almost always the brutality of the act is focused on to an excessive degree, it feels like theyre all a bunch of rapists and serial killers who are having to constantly repress.

Of all the Marvel movies made since Iron Man started this whole bullshit extended universe thing, I can only think of two or three maybe that don't feel like they were produced, directed and written by a corporate boardroom. They're not bad, in fact they are quite good at playing at people's emotions. So is advertising, and that's what most Marvel shit feels like at the end of the day

its all the same fucking movie, its enjoyable to watch a bunch of one liners and action but dont pretend that this is good art.

Zealot is the vanity link for our discord. Enjoy say salt invited you.