Why do boomers love home renovation/remodel shows so much?

Why do boomers love home renovation/remodel shows so much?

Attached: joanna-gaines-fixer-upper-tips-04.jpg (3840x3840, 1.38M)

boomers love tangible things (houses, cars, boats etc) millennials like experiences like cooking shows travel channel etc, zoomers like tik tok videos.

Because they were able to afford buying a home and taking care of it.

Attached: pepeungoliant.jpg (1603x1059, 146.26K)

My mom watched all her shows, bought all her books, started doing retarded "farmhouse" shit all over the place. Joanna Gaines must be so fucking rich I swear.

This.
Also after decades of bank and mortage institution propaganda telling boomers that their home is their #1 investment, they are obsessed with renovating and remodeling because they see it as some kind of win/win thing where they can be materialistic AND add value to that "investment." There's boomers who take out second mortages on their homes just so they can build a huge pool with a waterfeature in the backyard all the while telling themselves its a wise choice because it will increase the home's worth. Sadly this actually sorta works because so many boomers have collectively agreed that it does, but theyve driven the prices up on average homes so fucking much as a result and created this huge bubble.

Boomers don't, per se. Married women do and marriage and homeownership is increasingly more of a boomer thing (because your elites hate you). Those married women just get off on watching "reality" shows where women plan and decorate the nest while the men do all the work and she occasionally comes out to lift a hammer.

should add that boomers love the reno shit because to their subconcious its like watching someone print money

I love the fuck out of This Old House and I’m a single bachelor living in a condo.

They both love watching other people do things they should be doing for themselves but don't

Everyone likes all those things, you utter piece of livestock. It's just that more recent generations have been intentionally shut out of the tangible things, and later the experiences and then gaslit into thinking they never wanted those things they can't have to begin with.

Even if you're not materialistic a mortgage payment makes better financial sense than a rental payment.

SPBP.

Attached: whitepoeplerenovatinghouseslogo.jpg (823x434, 90.51K)

they just film all those shows in one huge enclosure where they build and destroy houses

Same but for me it’s House Hunters

>move 6000 miles across the planet to live in a white country
>spend the rest of your life whining about White people
I genuinely don’t understand this

Note how well this corresponds with financial ability. Boomers could buy houses and cars with loans. Millennials could buy vacations and the "college experience(tm)" with them. Zoomers can't buy anything since the tangibles are too expensive and the experiences were all driven into the ground.

Gaines?

It's envy and cope.

>Even if you're not materialistic a mortgage payment makes better financial sense than a rental payment.
1. Depends on where you live and where your job is located. Sometimes they can't afford a mortgage payment in cities.

2. Sometimes a person is content with just a small place and doesnt want or need to stretch themselves to make a mortgage payment.

3. What you should own is LAND. not a house with a mortgage. . Buy some cheap land somewhere, and live in a van or RV on it. You own the land.

Why do zoomers love fucking YouTube videos of faggots talking about the gay shows they're watching or the food or products they bought

>OH MY GOD UNBOXING ASMRRRRR I'M GOING INSAAAANE

>Why do zoomers love fucking YouTube videos of faggots talking
>OH MY GOD UNBOXING ASMRRRRR I'M GOING INSAAAANE
Because they are trying to find meaning and connection through Fandoms.

By being apart of a specific Fandom (asmr, YouTuber fan, etc) they hope to fill the loneliness of their lives. To fill the emotional and spiritual hole in their hearts.

I'd like to lap her ship, if you know what I mean

"fandoms" and revolutionary politics are both competing neo-religious movements.

They have her shit all over target and I have to hide my raging boner every time I go.

Wow it's almost as-if there has been a plan to turn us into a godless, angry, mob and then foist a new religion onto society that gives "meaning" and "purpose" using consoomerism and/or devotion to the state.

Attached: 1626450944684.jpg (1024x768, 70.42K)

>"fandoms" and revolutionary politics are both competing neo-religious movements.
Yup.

For example, being an Atheist online was considered cool and trendy in the 2000s/2010s. Especially on Reddit. Being religious was "corny". If you posted on Reddit about traditionalist and religion, you were torn to shreds and eventually banned.

Atheists and Redditors spent so some much time arguing against religion and tearing it down online.

That The irony is that they didn't build anything to replacement. Now that they are getting older, they are desperately grasping to find meaning in their lives.

Humans ALWAYS have an innate to be part of something bigger than themselves. To have a sense of belonging and not being alone. Religion filled that gap for many people until it was destroyed online the last 20 years.

Now consumerism and fandoms are all they have left.

Why did Occupy Wallstreet fail so badly during the 2000s/2010s?

We've gone from collectively hating big corporations for crashing the economy and abusing workers.... to now "worshiping" companies that talk about how "woke" they are.

Literally people worshiping different companies and arguing about which company has the biggest rainbow flag.