To stop the villains...

To stop the villains, we have to track down this dead bad guy on this desert planet who Luke lost track of who was actually just dead in a cave slightly underground from where Luke lost track of him to retrieve an ancient Sith dagger and then go to another planet to get it translated to learn to go to this other planet where the fairly intact wreckage of the completely obliterated Death Star II is to discover the ancient dagger was actually a pointer device that when held up to the eye at the right spot on a particular cliff facing a certain part of the wreckage it will point to the very intact ruin of the Emperor's throne room on the unfinished Death Star II which secretly had a secret room to the side containing a device that can be used to find the location of a fourth planet where the reborn Emperor and his unnamed Sith have been building a secret giant army of Death Star Star Destroyers which can't function independently in any way in order to take over the galaxy, just as the Emperor planned all along when he was Emperor of the galaxy.

Everybody got that?

Attached: sith dagger.jpg (1200x600, 83.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/awfYJ7O-ikk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

she was the chosen one

And she's female

Attached: kek.jpg (600x300, 21.48K)

Again?

I absolutely loathe the sequels. Haven't seen the last one, just the Babu Frik part. He heey

yeah this was probably the dumbest fucking plot device I have ever seen, these movies were fucking garbage

What's worse is what OP describes takes up the vast majority of the film. It's them narratively running in place for most of the "final film" of the saga, just hopping from Mac to Guffin over and over.

Rise of Skywalker is such a fucking piece of shit. I can't name a single good thing about the movie. Even the scenes that are suppose to be cool are undercut by how nonsensical they are.

How did One-Eyed Willy know they'd build a restaurant at that exact locations hundreds of years later?

It's just a video game sidequest, user. Not hard to get at all.

Trying to work out the logistics of this "plan" is a headache

anyone got the one of this but for attack of the clones and the assassin

the convoluted assassin-robot train is kino though

You forgot that the Emperor knew she was coming, AND WANTED HER TO KILL HIM so she could become the Sith and take his place. And she refused, then after a bit killed him anyway and became the Jedi?

yes but it's still a funny sequence of events from a writing pov

>just as the Emperor planned all along when he was Emperor of the galaxy.
Yep, all part of the plan.
youtu.be/awfYJ7O-ikk

I have received a bounty from Count Dooku of the Separatist Movement on behalf of Nute Gunray formerly of the Trade Federation and must assassinate Senator Amidala and quickly before I am missed on Kamino where they keep me and pay me for my genes to create their clone army on behalf of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas for the Republic and so I will blow up her ship as soon as it lands on Coruscant but in the unlikely event that she uses a decoy I have a backup plan that cannot fail which is to assassinate the Senator by employing an associate Zam Wessel to carry out the hit instead by giving her deadly poisonous bugs which she will place in a droid who will fly to the Senator's apartment window and use lasers to open the window and deposit the poisonous bugs inside which will presumably find her sleeping in her bed and kill her with deadly toxins, and in the even more unlikely event that this too fails, she has possession of a laser sniper rifle with which to destroy the returning droid and any who might follow it, then she can use her speeder to escape, and naturally though I use her as a buffer agent to keep my bounty hunting ways one step removed from the bounty I will stay close by Zam Nuclear Wessel and follow her around the city during any daring escape in order to shoot her with my own deadly toxic dart from a nearby vantage point if she is captured and about to give away any information about me, the notorious bounty hunter Jango Fett, I am more than certain that amidst these events Senator Amidala will be assassinated and I can receive my bounty money.

It is foolproof.

Attached: Jango_Fett (1).jpg (1697x2300, 401K)

DEY FLY NOW!?

The Hero’s Journey of Rey Skywalker follows the basic path of the monomyth, or the 'hero's journey.' The concept of the hero's journey was introduced in a book called The Hero With A Thousand Faces, published in 1949 by American professor, Joseph Campbell. The book argued that all ancient mythology tells one core story: the human psyche's development from child to adult, and ultimately to fully realized individual. It has this air of numinosity, this air of almost religious truth to it, and something vaguely special and sacred.

"The trick in returning is to retain the wisdom gained on the quest, to integrate that wisdom into a human life, and then maybe figure out how to share the wisdom with the rest of the world." -Joseph Campbell

The Force Awakens is where we start up on Campbell's monomyth, which consists of a "Call to Adventure", "Refusal of the Call", "Supernatural Aid", "Crossing the Threshold" and "Belly of the Whale".

The second act, Episode VIII: The Last Jedi is depicts Rey's attempt at resolving the problems which arose from the events in The Force Awakens. In this act, Rey and the rebel alliance find themselves in even worse pitfalls than the first and are ill equipped to resolve them. So Rey must not only learn a new skillset (the Force) but arrive at a higher sense of awareness and what she's meant to become, in this case a Jedi. This in turn will have a profound effect on Rey as of course new details regarding her lineage and purposefulness is revealed, thus forever changing her. This phase of storytelling, commonly referred to as the “character development” or “character arc” phase, is where we meet another "mentor" archetype in Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

When we pick up Rey’s story in Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, the third and final act, we see resolution for a now Jedi Master Rey as she has come to terms with her lineage, defeated the enemy and is left with a new sense of purpose and her place in the universe.

Attached: 1.png (755x566, 492.68K)

What's the rationale behind creating a "pointing device" out of a dagger to point a special spot in a wreckage?

Why would you assume the wreckage would even remain intact and not get salvaged by scavengers?

Why not just create an encrypted map?

The people who wrote the sequels are complete hacks.

Well....yeah.

These films have given the writers the opportunity to truly complete Rey's "Hero's Journey" with the final two phases of her character arc. Campbell's "Master of Two Worlds" and "Freedom to Live" from a mythology standpoint have not only given Rey Skywalker the opportunity to come full circle as a Jedi but has given her the preeminence above those before him.

The Call to Adventure - Rey starts off on Jakku, the planet farthest from the bright center of the universe. She’s bored, restless, but is forced to stay with Unkar Plutt at Niima Outpost. She then receives the Call in the form of BB-8.

Refusal of the Call - Rey is baffled. “I bypassed the compressor,” she insists. Rey, while longing to explore the galaxy, still clings to the life she has, perhaps out of fear or obligation.

Supernatural Aid - Once she finds Han, Rey accepts the Call and bypasses the compressor to help Han on his journey.

Crossing the First Threshold - With the help of Han Solo and his co-pilot Chewbacca, Rey defeats Kanjiklub, the Guavian Death Gang and the rathtars, leaving her home of Jakku, venturing into a vast galaxy and what would become a life of adventure and heroism.

Belly of the Whale - Rey finds herself in the middle of Maz Kanata's castle on Takodana. Rey asks Maz how she acquired Luke's lightsaber. "A good story," says Maz, "for another time."

Road of Trials: This encompasses quite a bit of material, including everything between TFA and TLJ, and into her training with Luke. Luke was forged in the fires of the Galactic Civil War, and experienced a number of adventures that slowly shaped him into the grumpy old man he would become.

Meeting with the Goddess - Rey doesn’t necessarily have a Lady Galadriel, female-goddess archetype he interacts with. This role is best fulfilled by Leia, a mysterious Jedi Master strong with the Force and the power of flight. She trains Rey physically, but more importantly spiritually, so that she may gain the power to defeat Kylo.

Attached: 2.jpg (1280x720, 70.37K)

Temptation - Rey dives into the mysterious force hole and expects to receive a vision from the Force of her family, but sees a glimpse of Kylo sweating and half-naked.

Atonement with the Father - Kylo and Rey team up to defeat Snoke, and Kylo invites her to rule the galaxy by his side. When she refuses, Kylo reveals that Rey's parents were nobodies who sold her drinking money, and that they were nothing. Rey, physically and emotionally shattered, goes to Crait and uses her force powers to lift up a pile of rocks, in contradiction to Luke's teachings of what the force is all about. This is Rey at her absolute lowest.

Apotheosis - After a year of recovery and improvement, Rey is reborn as a full-fledged Jedi Knight, wise and powerful. She wields a weapon of power (i.e. Luke's lightsaber) and helps to vanquish the the giant snake and confront Kylo once more.

Ultimate Boon - Through Kylo and the rest of the Jedi, Rey is redeemed and the Sith Eternal are destroyed. The Emperor is resoundingly defeated, and the Resistance essentially restores freedom to the galaxy. Rey has fully embraced the title of a Jedi, and has the knowledge and ability to rebuild the Jedi Order.

Attached: 3.jpg (900x900, 49.52K)

so why didn't he just shoot Padme with his toxic dart gun as soon as she appeared outside in person?

Refusal of Return - Rey detaches herself from the larger galaxy, focusing on the location of the Lars homestead on Tattooine.

The Magic Flight - Rey goes to Tattooine to give the Lars Homestead one final visit.

Rescue From Without - Rey has two rescuers. Luke, an idealistic Force User, and Leia, who teaches Rey how to float. They watch over Rey, reminding her of both who she once was, and what she can be. They watch over Rey as she buries the Skywalker lightsaber next to the grave of Shmi Skywalker, who started this whole ordeal.

Crossing the Return Threshold - Rey, now wiser and more powerful than ever, answers the question she’s been avoiding from the old woman. "Who are you?" she asks incredulously. An idealized image of Luke and Leia appear in the sky before her. "Rey," she says. "Rey who?" the old woman asks, next to her wildly flummoxing four-eyed camel.

Master of Two Worlds - Rey, having saved the Resistance and restoring hope to the galaxy, turns to the old woman and replies, "Rey Skywalker."

Freedom to Live - Rey stares off into the binary sunset of Tattooine, the very sunset where this all began. Rey has now transcended the limitations of the universe and has the freedom to live and to continue to help those who need her the most.

Attached: 4.jpg (2366x1058, 211.07K)

She literally ends the trilogy the exact way she started. At the end she is still a lonely woman on a desert planet. She had no actual character development or story arc. I am so fucking irritated by the fact that you actually wrote all this shit. Have a horrible week you brainlet scumfuck

Wouldn't it be like the chosen third?

Attached: 1483724423367.jpg (780x332, 112.98K)

Lmao, filtered