I still don't get it. Do these guys just live on these mountaintops, thousands of miles from civilization...

I still don't get it. Do these guys just live on these mountaintops, thousands of miles from civilization, waiting every moment of every day to maybe possibly see a beacon get lit on the horizon? How long were they waiting?

Attached: beacon.jpg (1901x789, 60.02K)

I'm sure they had shifts, user...

>accidentally knock over lantern
>6 days later 30,000 fully armoured cavalry arrive

It's called a sentry post. Lookouts have existed in the military for a long time before electronic surveillance was invented.

That's essentially what happened. The guys at Gondor didn't mean to light it and as far as they know, their lantern just fell on its own

Why didn't they just send the eagles to call for aid?

It's really not that hard to understand. We have firewatch station in which a person will live in an elevated cabin for weeks as a fire look out

>launch the one ring into the middle of the ocean with a catapult
how the fuck could sauron find it? even if he did how would he even retrieve it then?

What do they eat?

Post tits.

sauron was about to defeat the armies of middle earth even without the ring you retard

Hard tack, salt pork/beef, cereals, whatever fresh produce they can get sent. Same as every rank and file soldier until canning was invented

so why did he even need it then? and why does throwing a piece of metal into a volcano just kill him

Nazgul ghosts to the bottom and materializes to pick it up then floats back up.

do you think they ever got bored up there and...you know...

Magic

Attached: blaine magic.jpg (250x285, 9.51K)

The Nazgul can't go into water, They explain that in the fellowship when the midgets escape on the raft and when the elf drowns them with the water horses

>how to have an entire book explained to you bit by bit by asking idiotic questions

Attached: 15205A28-9C9D-4810-85F6-D80DACA0B56C.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

The One Ring contains his essence and power. He doesn't really die in the same way that you and I will eventually die one day, but destroying the Ring reduces him to nothing more than a spirit. Destroying the One Ring robs Sauron of all his power and obtaining a physical form.

because his soul is attached to it. in the movies he can't take physical form without it

sauron would simply have invented diving bells and sent them down to get it.

the ring would just seduce a seagul or smth gay like that & in just a few million years it'd be right back to mt doom

did he do the voldemort trick in which he purposefully split his power among the rings like a dumbass?

>without the ring he is stuck as being a spirit and cannot take a physical form
ok then so why not just do what I said and launch it into the middle of the ocean with a catapult thus at most saving middle and at least pissing him off massively

They just can't swim, they don't need to swim though. You could tie one to a rope and drop him to the bottom, then he would tug the rope when he got the ring.

Invisible corrupted octopus carrying the ring into an underwater cave for like 10 ages

are you fucking braindead? we just go back to my original post about how he was just about to defeat the armies of middle earth anyways. there was no just hiding the ring from sauron. it HAD to be destroyed. also the ring has a will of its own and would have found its way back into the hands of someone eventually

Best scene from the movie.

Attached: 1640413906778.png (2000x2340, 966.79K)

Isengard could probably develop crude scuba gear for orcs to use.

There's a pretty big difference between firewatches with maintained forest service/blm roads and the shacks at the peak of 10,000ft mountains in LOTR.

Some of those must be hundreds of miles apart. Surely it would be impossible to see them

Read the book you fucking zoomer faggot

>just fire the one ring directly into mount doom with a catapult
its literally that easy

Attached: 659B9D66-206B-45FF-851E-519DB143EE32.jpg (1000x1024, 58.13K)