>comes back as a raven spirit after death

The virgin SHEEP FARMER Fjoolnir
>had to gang up on one wounded king
>lost his kingdom and gets exiled to an island
>eldest son is a gay manlet
>couldn't protect his kingdom against one man's assault
>couldn't protect his wife and son

Ravenbros... we won....

Attached: untitled.jpg (1200x630, 109.21K)

>couldn't protect his kingdom against one man's assault
tbf his "kingdom" was like 50 people at that point

Fjoolnir was a cuck.
>a woman begs Fjoolnir to murder his brother so he does

I'm glad everyone involved in that treachery got rekt.

Attached: 20210903_060216.jpg (1110x1047, 95.87K)

i actually liked how human the characters were, aurvandil wasn't pure lawful good and fjolnir wasnt chaotic evil, both had some skills and flaws that are shown instead of told, it was immersive to me.

is the northman actually good, keep in mind i hate jack reacher and "white people"

What does Jack Reacher have to do with anything? If you hate white people then you probably shouldn't watch because those people are in the movie.

Attached: rowboat.jpg (1920x960, 968.33K)

Fjolnir still killed the 6’6” berserker Chad in a straight fight. Amleth just skulked around in the shadows for 90% of the movie.

>50 people vs 1 chad
Fjolnir cucks on suicide watch

i think the real chad in all of this is King Haraldr of Norway who crushed Fjolnir and sent him into exile, avenging the death of his ally King Aurvandil WAR-RAVEN

ok what is the appeal of the movie for you

Best performance of the film though, stole every scene.

Fjölnirbros, we win IRL

Attached: Fjölnir.jpg (2048x1350, 536.54K)

The lack of non-Whites in the cast.

>Fjolnir still killed the 6’6” berserker Chad in a straight fight.
user Fjolnir was fresh for that fight and Amleth had multiple wounds. Sure, no cheating but the fact that he wasn't able to just stab what would normally have been a barely conscious cripple is still pathetic.

>Fjolnir
>winning
>both sons murdered
>wife murdered
>decapitated
amleth won retard, he left behind a dynasty of kings and queens. fjolnir betrayed his brother for nothing. he could have won a kingdom for himself fighting alongside his brother.

and that's it, doesn't sound like a good movie

Hm... Well, I've always like Fantasy and Medieval and this movie checks those boxes because it's both. Actually, it takes place in 895 which is pre-medieval but I don't know what this period of history is called.
I said before the movie came out that the casting didn't interest me and any interest was based on the premise and setting.
Basically, I was only slightly interested and then I pirated a shitty camrip and it looked amazing so I waited for a HD rip and then I watched it and it really was amazing.

Have you seen Lord of the Rings? Because that's the greatest trilogy ever and this is like Lord of the Rings with less magic. I love sword and sorcery. This movie reminds me of The Witcher. I wish Eggers made a Witcher movie.

Attached: 20210805_011601.jpg (1031x1031, 104.51K)

his hat is crooked kek

that's why I said IRL you dummy dum, Claes Bang is a much better actor than Skarsgard and will profit greatly from this performance

The main love interest isn't white

im spamming x to doubt, BIG doubt retard, best case scenario he gets added into every film eggers makes from here on out.

You need to watch Conan the Barbarian ASAP because it’s basically a better version of this movie. I still like the Northman though.

> The main love interest isn't white

Attached: EBF4A7BE-3DE7-4CC9-95D9-128BDAA5BA8C.jpg (785x1000, 252.43K)

Screencapping this post for the future cringe compilation

>half breed brother with respect
What was this about again? I forget the specifics. Half breed of what? Was he a bastard born half brother?

I'm actually not a fan of Arnold and I don't think he's a good actor. The fact that he's the protagonist just leads me to believe it's one of those old movies with poor acting. So yeah... that's why I've never watched Conan.
I've literally never watched a movie with Arnold and thought he was good in it. People like the Terminator but he's playing a robot in that.

They didn’t specify it in the movie, but you know how when you play a Germanic pagan in Crusader Kings 2 you can take concubines and their children gets a little diplomacy penalty? I’m assuming it’s that.

im into norse mythology and the whole period so im biased but the movie has no shit-tier writing where its assumed the viewer is a drooling moron, and visually very good, lots of attention to historical details, its not perfect though. i feel like it captured the period very well without any BS, the story also seems like its just another (albeit intense) feud in a larger world and culture.

are you talking about that alien woman who plays chess
is it like robin hood prince of thieves because i enjoyed that

Olga was a Slav so maybe half-breed means that King Aurvand had sex with some Slavic woman and that's where Fjolnir came from.

People watch Arnold movies for the acting? I enjoyed Conan because you get to self-insert as a gigachad power fantasy

Yes