About to watch Star Trek: TOS

What am I in for?

Attached: 12.jpg (1200x673, 60.59K)

The most entertaining Trek of all.

A big dollop of cheese, and horrifying effects - but generally good stories (but a few HOWLERS) and characters, marred primarily by the budgets, tight schedules and the limits of 1960s production, rather than any faults with the writers.

A fun show that aged way better than it had any right to.

You might be surprised to realize that Captain Kirk is a great character. The pop culture take on him is an exaggeration that's grown over the years to the point where even Star Trek fans mistakingly think he acted like Zap Brannigan.

A lighthearted, fun, and kino show that isn't afraid to be campy.

The quality is inconsistent in a way modern shows wouldn't tolerate, so you might watch two or three really excellent episodes in a row followed by a total schlockfest. Also the last few episodes are mostly all bad in my experience.

shatner being based

He becomes a little looser in the movies though, and is slutty as fuck in the third season. The Kelvin timeline shithead Kirk doesn't help his image either.

Incredibly bad sets, costumes and effects. But surprisingly good acting.
Some episodes with amazing scripts that will make you ponder ethics and some episodes so lousy your eyeballs will retreat into your skull.

Oh. And close-ups of Kirk

boring shit with the worst, toxic captain.

In TOS he was an educated and cultured man.
As a boy he was a prodigious reader. In the Academy he was described as a "stack of books with legs". He even described himself as "positively grim" until he learned to lighten up.

Now the stereotype is an arrogant meathead who shoots first and will bang anything in the room. The misconceptions are actually quite sad.

>worst captain
come on

Attached: 290483920534.gif (245x245, 1.23M)

The most charismatic villain in Any Forums history.

Attached: 0c357b6659988807c906709c62a03205.jpg (673x840, 79.69K)

I used a Reddit guide to get around bad episodes, I tried watching all of it but the bad ones really kill my momentum.

The good episodes are fantastic. Good stories, interesting concepts, and enjoyable performances. Even some lesser episodes are worth it just for a good character interaction or two.

Everybody post your favorite episode
Mine's Court Martial

Attached: finney.png (564x532, 372.05K)

i've never been able to get through TOS because nimoy's 5-o-clock shadow bugs the shit out of me

TOS? More like POS. Just watch stargate instead.

has to be balance of terror for me

Devil in the Dark

Gem.

Attached: theempathhd0945.jpg (1436x1080, 198.16K)

You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded

Attached: 2444.png (403x448, 75.36K)

TOS has the hottest girls

Attached: nona.jpg (728x802, 68.79K)

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

Attached: The Omega Glory.jpg (1436x1080, 309.27K)

I love TNG but TOS filtered me.