Just finished watching this

Just finished watching this.

It's great. I was gripped the whole time. I wouldn't have minded if it was a 3 hour film. I was immersed in the world. The cinematography, world building, story telling and pacing all on point.

Attached: 9k=(26).jpg (810x1080, 142.45K)

thanks for the report bro, keep it up

it's a great film, I went in expecting something average after watching eggers previous 2 films but it's probably my film of the year. loved the simple, visceral nature of it, the mythology, pacing was great. soundtrack and voice overs were amazing. his best work yet. imo

>pacing was great.

Attached: 1595472159194.gif (414x382, 2.82M)

I loved it but the pacing was all over the place and the dialogue/story left a lot to be desired in comparison to his previous two films.

What’s certain is that you can’t quite watch a film like this from anyone else, especially in this modern creative lull.

>What’s certain is that you can’t quite watch a film like this from anyone else, especially in this modern creative lull.
you faggots keep saying this but it was EXACTLY like all the other incel horseshit like br49 and dunc
even down to the colour grading

Based. Yes you're not a capeshit retard congrats.

Cheap cgi, viking speaking English, Mexican soap opera tier acting from ayy lmao and MC, hilariously bad fighting scenes, mediocre cinematography, Bogged mom

6/10 flick

Attached: IMG_20220501_091116.jpg (455x455, 71.77K)

>Mexican soap opera tier acting from ayy lmao and MC, hilariously bad fighting scenes, mediocre cinematography, Bogged mom
NOPE

This, I wanted to like this movie but.. It's just not good

It was. The change of in pacing was totally justified

You just described a bad movie, but you give it 6/10 (Above Average). Get fucked

same bro went in stoked
as soon as ethan hawke showed up I knew it was going to be gay af

>spends 2 hours on a sheep farm moping around
riveting pace

>viking speaking English
I fucking hate when actors don't learn to fluently speak dead medieval dialects for a role

6/10 is a D+ at best
the film was technically competent sure but it had no grit, balls or emotional core
the screenplay was a mess

>"OK we are doing it today"
>"yes today we will use the mushrooms to drug them "
>camera points to mushrooms in hand
>slowly after camera points to mushrooms in the pot of food
Was this amount of exposition necessary?

Attached: IMG_20220406_210334.jpg (101x101, 5.21K)

But they spoke with an accent and randomly switched to viking language or whatever for certain scenes, why would they do that?

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 4.76K)

>here is your son's heart, Fjolnir!
>/subdued
>tralala you don't KNOW it's your son's heart just because I told you it was :^)
>now you can't kill me you have to leave me totally unguarded to get freed by Helpful Plot Crows :^D

Eggers just pulls ideas out of his ass one after the other.

the incoherance is the best he can do and he's been rewarded for it in both his previous films so why would he stop.

I blame the Any Forums Advertizing Gold package and the 3 other real people on this board for enabling this shameful absence of talent.

ethan hawke more like eatin' cawk

In The Name Of The Rose is good.