Which was more childhood kino?

The great debate

Attached: PokeDigi.jpg (1280x720, 149.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7yBEbuuTsZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

digimon but only non-burger dubbed tamers

Digimon, easily

I don't see Digimon being a billion dollar IP. Pokemon takes the cake here

Digimon actually had a proper overarching story and a far more interesting world.

Digivoling was more mysterious. I remember when the cat turned into that angel I freaked out

I liked both but I was like the only kid who really liked Digimon.
Digimon had way cooler shit going on but the story was very connected and if you didn't watch every episode you'd be lost.
Pokemon you could hop in at any episode and pretty much watch it without being completely lost.

Beyblade

It's not much of a debate, Digimon has superior cartoons, Pokemon has superior games.

This is basically factual.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1633444717090.png (500x400, 226.24K)

Loved both. My 7 year old nephew views me as some kind of badass because I was a pokeyman OG.

At least Digimon had a story line.

>*btfos every pokeyman game*

Attached: Digimonworld.jpg (500x495, 60.24K)

Attached: 1652579240918.png (500x376, 280.7K)

Digimon is an actual TV series with characters, plots, progression. Pokemon is basically a running advertisement for the games.

wtf is this gay shit,
Yu-Gi-Oh is the superior cartoon.

Digimon was way superior

The fact that Digimon talk and half of them are literally just humans in costumes always made me uncomfortable, even as a kid.
Pokemon at least occupy a zone somewhere between pets and friends. But Digimon you're left constantly wondering why these fully sapient creatures are so dependent on humans and treated like pets/accessories

Digimon

Pokémon just felt like every episode was a repeat.

>Ash find new town
>Someone in some sort of need
>Team Rocket show up
>proceeds to try and steal Pikachu
>Fail
>"Blasting off again"
>Ash the hero
>rinse and repeat

Attached: Digimonadventure_poster.jpg (1000x779, 194.95K)

Based

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1404x1052, 155.75K)

kek no one remembers monster rancher

The partner Digimon never look like humans in their base forms, and they're not pets, they're companions. Most Digimon mind their own business in their world, the only ones that have anything to do with humans is said partner Digimon for the heroes.

Anime - Digimon
Games - Pokemon
Cards - Draw
Monster designs - Draw
Waifus - Pokemon

I have fond memories of watching the Digimon anime on Fox Kids when I got home from school on my shitty poverty tv with rabbit ears.

>why these fully sapient creatures are so dependent on humans and treated like pets/accessories
They aren't? I don't think you ever watched Digimon.

Pokemon, easily.
Digimon was barely shown when I watched, so Pokemon was my jam.

>2022
>I am... forgotten...

Attached: 81pv158xb1L._SL1500_.jpg (1175x1500, 291.83K)

As a show, Digimon mogs the fuck out of Pokemon. Games are more of a debate even if that's Pokemon's realm.

I remember them but I didn't watch either. There was Shaman King also, another I didn't watch though I don't think that was a mon show.

idk I played the games more than I watched the anime, which play basically the same as Pokemon but your team is made up of grown men in cosplay

The one I remember playing you even stored your digimon on a farm and had to provide them with food and toys and shit, even though you spend most of the game in a digital civilization made by/for digimon
Like why are half of them seemingly fully independent creatures that live full lives with jobs and shit, while some are confined to be basically livestock for humans to fight with?

I didn't watch much of Digimon but the movie was the shit back then

I had the GBA game

Well that has nothing to do with the show. There's no collecting like Pokemon. It's more like a straight fantasy adventure. Digimon are just the residents of their world.

pokemon without a doubt.

Most digimon have plenty of agency. 99% of what they do is their choice. It's repeatedly shown that enslaving and mind controlling them is wrong, that's what most of the bad guys are doing. The heroes fight against that.

Meanwhile, in Pokemon, the whole point is to enslave all these retarded, semi-sentient creatures, keep them in little balls like collectors' items, and force them to beat the shit out of each other.

Pretty sure Digimon gave me more feels.

youtube.com/watch?v=7yBEbuuTsZU

Attached: photoshopped image of a dehydrated bodybuilder to indicate that my opinion is better than yours.jpg (1242x1394, 91.71K)