The most watched show on streaming came out 17 years ago

What does this say about modern television? Why did people stop watching new shows?

Attached: theoffice.jpg (911x796, 145.18K)

Unironically The Office and Parks and Rec are two of the last watchable shows that are at least trying to be funny.
I watched a few eps of The Good Place and it was more like a drama than a comedy.

people dont like all the forced woke shit and shows written by unqualified diversity hires

I've watched 3 seasons of this and it made me laugh once. I have no idea why normies think it's the best show ever made. Is it nostalgia? Am I austistic?

>people dont like all the forced woke shit and shows written by unqualified diversity hires

Attached: big mouth.jpg (736x776, 150.09K)

Same here, except I watched just season 1. The humor was really basic and that's everything it's got going for it. I've seen people post clips about it calling it the funniest shit ever, those don't even make me smile.

Stuff that's actually funny:
>my name is earl
>blue mountain state
>californication
>futurama

Streaming is about easy access to media in general, not just to new media.

Everybody I've ever heard mention it IRL hates it.

>Barebones cartoon that costs nothing to make
>No numbers (aka bad or mediocre numbers, otherwise they'd be crowing about it)
Proving his point.

Karen > Pam

Season 1 is average/bad, they reworked the show, specifically Michael after. Season 2 and 3 are the highlights of the show

I don't really know if a "comfort show" like The Office or Friends or whatever can be made today.

Because 3/4 new shows have a plot, and aren't episodic in nature. Unless you were there to watch from the beginning most people feel like it's a chore to watch Sopranos, Mad Men, GoT. And it certainly doesn't help that they're 45 minutes long. After two episodes it's like you watched a whole fucking movie.

season 1 is kinda bad. 2 is okish. Honestly things really pick up on season 4.

The show is only funny if you have had sex before

Oh I should give it another chance then, thanks for the tip

There are some higher arcs (like Jim/Pam, Dwight/Angela), but yeah, it's rather episodic and comfy. Some exceptions would be arcs like The Michael Scott Paper Company which lasts 3 or 4 episodes or Tallahassee which is a few episodes as well.

Because there hasn't been a consistently and objectively good television show in 10+ years.

Mindy Kaling. bJ Novak and Paul Lieberstein wrote the vast majority of the office bro

people paying for streaming services to watch old network shows that were originally broadcast for free is a worrying trend.

>years ago
>decided to watch The Office
>got 2 or 3 random episodes
>it's shit
>completely forgot about this show
Just like Friends, I really don't know why so many people love it so much.