Finished the Picard Season 2, Episode 10 re:View

I think I'm now completely done with Star Trek. I feel so much hate for the people behind nu-trek, and I hate myself for caring so much.
Why did it have to be like this?

Attached: star-trek.png (679x549, 441.65K)

Time to start following touhou

Attached: wriggle.png (672x397, 331.89K)

nutrek really fucks with people for some reason

Attached: EC1E2A68-C99F-4865-B86E-B8B58D6A0288.jpg (500x376, 51.58K)

just be happy that the old stuff still exists and just pretend that it ended after 2005

Rich and Mike will be back when the Season 3 teaser trailer just shows shots of rebuilt Enterprise-D hallway sets.

Why no discovery season 3 and 4?

Paramount+ Star Trek is way better than Berman-Braga-Behr BoreTrek. TNG-DS9-VOY-ENT are unwatchable and boring. The new Treks aren't perfect but they are way better than anything since TAS.

I just stopped paying attention years ago. The last Star Trek product I watched was that horrible Abrams Trek Wrath of Khan knock off with Benedict cucumber.

They're autistics who can't into things being different from The Thing They Liked Years Ago. Every autismo is like this.

That works if you just watch the shows. As soon as you try to discuss the shows or read books or play games etc., all the new stuff gets added in and even old stuff gets tainted.

I wish they would be honest about it, just say " it's shit and awful, but we'll watch the next season since it's material for our channel", Them saying they'll never watching nu-trek again in every video is getting old.

Just remember this spirit when the Strange New World shill threads start every week.

*white people

>anybody who likes anything is a paid employee of Hollywood
lolololol what's it like being a schizophrenic?

With Jack Quaid on the show recently and SNW out I think they had to re-iterate that they weren't going to do nu-trek. I think they are on the fence about season 3 depending on what the marketing looks like. If its the same shit as season 1 & 2 I doubt they'll go too far in. Maybe one video for the whole season.

Honestly more than anything its a blackpill that you should never let yourself get invested in any kind of franchise (unless its owned and controlled by the original author, and even then his shitstain children can ruin it after he dies).

IPs only exist now to be destroyed wringing every last dollar from their corpses before being discarded

Nu Trek writers are essentially a load of Buzzfeed 'writers' who are used to filling their blogs with gifs of cats.

20th century Star Trek was in that sweetspot between the ww2 'put with stuff' generation, and the ADHD Marvel crazed generation.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 7.58K)

You think anybody non white watches star trek?

>that cut to (((Goldsman))) when one of them said wicked or evil or something
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1397053684673.webm (1280x720, 218.11K)

Attached: bait obligation.png (1126x1900, 3.3M)

I wish I was rich enough to buy the Star Trek IP outright. I'd pull down every nu-trek piece of film and show off every platform, then hire Rich and Mike to write and direct a 3 season show about the Eugenics Wars.

Nu Trek is Mass Effect 3 for boomers

I still watch because I like sci-fi in general. It's more enjoyable if you acknowledge that it isn't Star Trek in any way but name.
What I find mildly disconcerting is that I can watch an 50-60 minute episode in 20 minutes - I just fast-forward over all the shitty "character development" that's either ignored or turned 180 degrees next episode anyway.

Rich looks disgusting here --big gut protruding from his white shirt -- before his friends Mike and Jay. Very very disrespectful.

It's weird that depending on the franchise if you go old enough (or obscure enough) you could be watching something or playing something that the flagship writers/producers didn't watch/read/play. See the Halo tv show. The showrunners didn't have to play any of the games let alone read some of the books.

If that was the case they would have kept reviewing Discovery past season 2

If I were a rich nigga, I'd do a star trek discovery movie. It'd be called "star trek: big crunch", and the movie basically begins like a regular episode, but the big crunch actually happens inside a minute or something and the rest of the movie is just a black screen, and that's the canon ending of star trek.
I should note that I do not give a shit about star trek, never did, never will, I just want to make both nerds and execs mad about it

Give Strange New Worlds a chance user-kun, it is nothing like STD and PIC, it has a new showrunner who wants to restore Trek to its roots and thus far is doing great.

Attached: cap_Star.Trek.Strange.New.Worlds.S01E01.WEB.x264-TORRENTGALAXY_00:22:15_01.jpg (275x300, 55.93K)

It seems nobody remembers this (and why should they, honestly), but the first few episodes of Discovery were reasonably well-received. I predict a similar trajectory for SNW.

They make a really good point about how Star Trek feels like it needs to be so "romantic" now. It's so utterly self-indulgent and pretentious. These people think they're making high art when it's just a silly sci-fi franchise that makes poignant philosophical arguments every now and then.

In fact, I blame "nerd culture" in general. People who want to justify their nerdy interest in silly shit and can't just enjoy stuff as it was. The way Wil Wheaton has an orgasm every time he talks about Star Trek is especially sickening.

>I think I'm now completely done with Star Trek.
Weakling, I'll never lose my love for Star Trek, Benjamin Sisko and Jon Luc Picard hold too special off a place in my heart.

You know what, I'll take it. A merciful death.