How is the history of colonialism taught in your country?

How is the history of colonialism taught in your country?

Attached: 1623547175987.png (665x670, 139.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mR5n_KyulhI?t=55
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Spanish did it better. We sent our worst to the Americas.

>The Spanish did it better

Attached: slum-dwellers-international-sl1.jpg (2560x1280, 487.88K)

shoved down your throat in every history class and dindus still have the nerve to say they never learned about it because they were sleeping through class or playing hookie

Western civilization was a mistake.

We didn't colonize shit cause we were a bunch of backwater subhumans. But at least we killed some turks.

it was... LE BAD

It wasn't actually

We learned about the slave trade which was probably the closest related thing but not really. We also studied the end of world war two but that didn't mention it either

it's ok papa no hard feelings :^)
youtu.be/mR5n_KyulhI?t=55

>whitey bad because they won

We learn about the exploration, who did what, and that's kinda it. We talk about how slavery was bad and how a lot of people lived in shit conditions, but the idea that colonization is bad is not really a thing. I dont remember ever really learning about Brazil's independence. We also learn that noone really wanted to fight in the colonial war and that it was a meaningless war

Based BBCs

My history class taught us in a way that that is, insinuated, that the Portuguese didn't really believe in Catholicism and were mostly using it a psyop to subvert and enslave the lesser peoples; and hence they traveled throughout the world only with the goal of exploiting the undeveloped civilizations and stealing their raw resources.

The textbook is written in a way that made it seem like the Portuguese had our modern understanding of what was going on and thus they kinda like deliberately chose to be the evil Gargamel.

I think this whole, Le Portuguese bad meme, is a scape goat for the actual people that are to blame for our national problems - like, there are political families running my country since the "Capitanias Hereditárias" age and they never get to blame, not even once.

My best friend is a history teacher and I recall him saying that he himself, as teacher, didn't really believe in most of what was aimed for the students; and that it was outdated, a fabrication of Marxists - interestingly enough, he's a leftist himself. I guess he's just not a gullible idiot.

We also learned about the US and turns out my classes were on point about you, fuck you.

Told about Yermak and the campaigns to Siberia and the Far East, the wars with China
My ancestors were Amur Cossacks, my grandfather told me about it, so I know about it quite well

Everyone is a bad guy
Specifically americans

No, it wasn't. Otherwise, you would have paid reparations.

do russians think of it as something good or guilty?

Russia showed tolerance to the peoples of Siberia and did not conscript them into the army, put an end to the wars of these tribes
There was no genocide as in America, now in Russia in Siberia there are national entities in which national languages such as Buryat or Tuvan are official
In any case, I have never seen an Asian from Russia who was dissatisfied with colonization.

Nice. The settling of Siberia reminds me of the wild west for us.

>Black and brown pp were innocent and care free
>But le bad whitey arrived
>Everything in Africa is bad because of this
>Also Algerians suffer the most because France is le bad
>European colonialism is the source of all the problems of the world
Meanwhile the Indochina region is alright despite having the same treatment as the rest of the colonies
Also it's not even sure if the colonisation of africa was worth it, high cost to maintain the grip on the continent and really not that much wealth was taken from the continent, except for few parts such as the early Belgian congo or the diamonds from south Africa

I don’t remember much of it. Maybe one class or do about it (squeezed in the end of the semester)?

Right now they are covering it more extensive I read in the newspaper, because of America

bringing Jesus to godless satan worshippers that ate and sacrificed people