Bomb in theaters

>bomb in theaters
>seethed on by SJWs
>loved by Any Forums
Did Any Forums save this film?

Are we this based?

Attached: Northman.jpg (780x1156, 128.3K)

I love it but how did we save it? Anyway, have this hot meme I made myself.

Attached: norf.jpg (615x615, 83.57K)

shit sucked

No, waiting for a film to release digitally and then pirating is != "saving" it. Also, it didn't get seethed on, the people using it to fuel neonazi shit got seethed on. As in, people who didn't watch the movie, but promoted it just for having an all-white cast.

Saved from what exactly?
Also, it wasn't really hated by SJW (outside of some niche twitter dramas that you prolly have in mind). Just look at the reviews, if SJWs hated it, all the critics would have given it bad notes meanwhile it's exactly the opposite

>seethed on

What does that even mean? I bet you idiots think people read the garbage you write and it's not just hidden immediately by actual 4channers. Nobody even speaks to you people. Feel free to reply to this post.

It becomes a cult film.
It's like being shat on, but with salivas, sorta like screeched on.

Lmao. I just checked the RT score and it seems to have filtered normies. I checked The Witch out of curiosity and it got 59% compared to Northman's 63%. Looks like normalfags just hate Eggers and it's not The Northman specifically they dislike.

Attached: northman.png (1146x379, 191K)

>loved by Any Forums
I think it got more praise among critics than it does on Any Forums. Opinions on here are pretty mixed.

Personally I thought it was vacuous, melodramatic and cheesy as hell.

>and it seems to have filtered normies
it's a mediocre film made by and for 'men' who want to feel like a big tough guy for 2 hours out of their limp wristed life

>Personally I thought it was vacuous, melodramatic and cheesy as hell.
the script was a mess and the cinematography constantly moved between passable and baffeling

I liked it

>it's a mediocre film made by and for 'men' who want to feel like a big tough guy for 2 hours out of their limp wristed life

Why do you say this like it doesn't apply to you? There's really only two things that could be happening here
>you're a low iq nigger who has no self-awareness and is pointing out flaws in others that you have yourself
or
>you're a woman
Either way, reply to me after the hide and I filter most of the front page before refreshing to do it again.

Agreed

I expected more from Eggers. The Witch is a solid (albeit shallow) film, and I think The Lighthouse is a masterpiece.

I liked it too. I've only seen 3 movies this year and The Northman was the best. I'm glad I don't have to tell people Turning Red is the movie of the year anymore because that's a movie for young girls.

This is what I thought was movie of the year before I watched The Northman.

Attached: tr_mei.webm (1920x1080, 2.87M)

I just pirated the digital version, and the ritual scene around the fire at the beginning of the film doesn't have subtitles like it did in the theatre. What the fuck? Am I the only one that noticed this?

Just download subtitles bro.

>The scores reflect whiteness in the country
Mystery solved. Dey hea

What ritual scene? Do you mean this one? I had subtitles during it but I didn't turn them on for the webm. I can take a screenshot of the subs.

Attached: nm_ritual.webm (1920x960, 2.95M)

>film user likes has low critic and high audience
>”haha based fucking sellout like critics BTFO my taste is validated”
>film user likes has high critic and low audience score
>”haha based normalfags filtered by universally agreed upon kino”
Why are you “people” like this?

Attached: C0B355CE-0FD9-4A3A-9F1D-2945C5EB2D7A.jpg (662x936, 63.05K)

Stop, fren, stop.

It’s the only movie I’ve seen this year so far, pondering whether to see top gun 2: kowtowing to China next

From what I’ve read here he wanted to go much deeper into the mythical aspect but the studio forced him to have all these fight scenes
Of course everything posted here is a work of fiction and falsehood so to be taken with a grand ol’ salt

>the movie you like: Cringe.
>the movie I like: Based.
Simple as.

Shit... I'm rewatching this scene and there are no subs. I suppose it's meant to make it feel more alien if you don't know what's being said.

>It’s the only movie I’ve seen this year so far
Lawl. Guess I'm not the only one who hates the stuff coming out. I haven't seen the original Top Gun so I doubt I'll be interested in a sequel.

I literally cannot lose

We're reaching levels of SOUL that shouldn't even be possible

Yeah, I wanted to make a joke about the movie surpassing kino at that exact moment.
>guy stands motionless next to a fire as people dance

>whole plot is just "A super berserk dude goes to Iceland to kill his uncle. He fucks a girl and later kills his uncle" but stretched to 2h17m
>fight scenes are bad
>all characters have as much depth as dried-out puddle
>not enough historical accuracy for history autists
>not enough fantasy elements for fantasy autists (i think the schizo visions with shamans and ravens only confused a lot of people)
>Soundtrack is forgetable
>half of dialogues is either screaming or babbling about revenge and fate
>it's too dark, in some scenes you can't see shit
Yeah I wonder why would it flop.
It has some good cinematography and overall atmosphere is alright but the rest i just meh. At best.

kek'd and checked