I just saw a German so angry about his country's energy policy that his all caps post broke a thread

I just saw a German so angry about his country's energy policy that his all caps post broke a thread.

Attached: american scientist.jpg (1266x709, 133.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rnd.de/politik/umfrage-sollten-akw-laufzeiten-verlaengert-werden-mehrheit-dafuer-R2LA4RLTJNAAZGWACRNI2DNU3E.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Many such cases!

fr, no cap?

I saw it too

I hope I don't get visited by the police. I didn't threaten anyone.

That was an immigrant, real Germans are very happy about the Greens' far-sighted policies

>real Germans are very happy about the Greens' far-sighted policies
Merkel and her party started this whole mess. She can't really be considered part of the green party. She's more like a chameleon.

And the greens want to double on it

>How should Germany react to the throttling of gas supplies from Russia? According to ARD's "Deutschlandtrend," a majority of citizens are in favor of extending the operating lives of nuclear power plants (NPPs) in Germany on this issue.

>According to the survey, 61 percent of respondents support the continued operation of nuclear power plants beyond the end of the year, while 31 percent are opposed. The situation is similar for a possible shift to more coal-fired power generation. Fifty-six percent are in favor of increased use of coal-fired power plants, according to the survey. This measure is opposed by 36 percent of respondents.

rnd.de/politik/umfrage-sollten-akw-laufzeiten-verlaengert-werden-mehrheit-dafuer-R2LA4RLTJNAAZGWACRNI2DNU3E.html

but it's not like that matters. The government has been elected last year, and they get to decide now. I just hope the greens will be punished accordingly in coming elections.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 17-55-00 Umfrage Sollten AKW-Laufzeiten verlängert werden Mehrheit dafür.png (713x778, 339.09K)

Merkel was the biggest populist in Europe. Lefty news outlets ignored it because her people pleasing coincided with their policies.

Do we know how much work it would take to extend the operation of those powerplants? I have no experience when it comes to that but last time I read about them it was said that they already powered down and powering them up at a moments notice isn't really an option.
They shouldn't have been powered down in the first place.
>populist
I hate this term. Literally every politician is a populist. They spew their shit and try to outshit theyr opponents with the goal of being elected. I have no clue how the afd differs in terms of populism compared to greens or fdp. It's just populism in green or yellow instead of blue. It's all the same to me.

>Merkel and her party started this whole mess.
no she didn't. It was the social democrat/green government of Schröder that initially decided the nuclear phaseout in 2000. Then Merkel was elected in 2005 and undid it. Then Fukushima happened, the people here went crazy about it and the green party skyrocketed in polls, so Merkel decided the phaseout again to save her party.

you can still blame her (I do) for being opportunist, but it's the gullible voters here who are to blame, not really her.

>Do we know how much work it would take to extend the operation of those powerplants? I have no experience when it comes to that but last time I read about them it was said that they already powered down and powering them up at a moments notice isn't really an option.
3 NPPs are still running, and I've heard in a podcast that there was a study in Bavaria that it would be no big deal to keep them running, don't have the source on hand though. When it comes to reactivating old ones - idk.

Germany in favor of nuclear energy? I call fake news

it's just due to the current situation. There's a majority in favor of keeping the remaining nuclear power plants running longer than the end of the year bc everyone is confronted with high energy prices now, I doubt the majority wants to keep nuclear power permanently (I do though, at least until gas/coal/oil isn't needed anymore)
>fake news
it's literally ARD...

>I just hope the greens will be punished accordingly in coming elections.
Was Merkel ever punished?

well her party lost the last election, Merkel didn't run anymore tho. Merkel was continuously popular. For the explanation, see I'm not a big fan of Merkel, but I don't like demonizing her either. The alternatives to her left were clearly worse.
in current polls, her party is leading again

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 18-07-06 Bundestagswahl Neueste Wahlumfragen im Wahltrend Sonntagsfrage #btw21.png (500x447, 24.83K)

They are doing a stress test and the results will determine if they stay open over the winter.
I mean there are a lot of legimate reasons to be angry. We knew since 2014 that Russia is a hostile country and than proceeded to do fuck all for 7 years. And the whole engery transformation has been messed up too. We killed of our nuclear and solar industry to save some lignite jobs that will have to go away anway. Our coal exit is way too late. A lot of state goverments are intentionally delaying the construction of grid infrastructure and renewables.
Atleast part of the current government has it's shit together.

>Merkel was continuously popular
Why?
Because Germans are natural cucks? It's like even when you don't like what a party is doing, you just keep voting them in over and over again.

>green party on the rise
Hahaha, just like Australia.
You guys are fucked.

No because boomers hate change and admitting we have problems that need to be solved Merkel.
Merkel never did either.

they are part of the current sitting government, you do realize that?