Do these countries still have monolingual people?

Do these countries still have monolingual people?

Attached: c6fd0f83156f2f413d7999b67ef27809--scandinavian-countries-scandinavian-people.jpg (736x980, 128.36K)

yes lot of older people still just speaks one language.

do you have a lot of trilingual (Finnish, Swedish, and English) people?

Attached: 1653490303275.jpg (976x850, 61.9K)

A lot of older people here speak German

Most university educated people speak all three pretty competently in my experience.

I would say most people under 50 to some degree speak those three, yes

so was German the second language they learned at school instead of English or French?

Yeah, that was the case for my grand parents at least.

lots of Finnish speakers in Sweden too, or were you talking about Finns?

I guess it makes sense due to German being a big and prestigious language and its geographical position close to Sweden

There are many old Finns living here and they do speak both in general. Their children sometimes do as well but not always and their grandchildren almost never do. But I was talking about the Finns in Finland.

Yes, and that one language is English.

Im monolingual

even among young people there are those who are practically monolingual

Same here, like their english being so bad that it is hard to count them as people able to speak english.

yes, quite many.

false
no, you speak Finn and English at least. Or are you a Brit/American that recently migrated to Finland?
really? I thought everyone under 50 could speak conversational English

>really? I thought everyone under 50 could speak conversational English
You have to remember that people with sub 90 IQ exist in every society

Germans were literally a majority in Stockholm during medievals and later. Most Swedes who have ancestors from Stockholm have German surnames

>no, you speak Finn and English at least
Sorry, i lied.
>really? I thought everyone under 50 could speak conversational English
Yeah. Some people just werent really learning it at school or just have forgotten it when never need use it or something. I have met people like that.

The finn is right, we have those people too.