Talking with a person online

>Talking with a person online
>They tell me they're German
>Later on they tell me they're Italian when I brought up pizza
>Find out they're actually American
Why do Americans talk about their ethnicities like they're full-blooded ones?

Attached: 1653666394373.jpg (1200x1400, 195.77K)

No culture

Cool fanfiction

>Later on they tell me they're Italian when I brought up pizza
do they really

The thing you need to understand about Americans is that they are very, very stupid. Like, "spending all your money on magic beans" tier stupid.

moral of this story: everybody is ashamed of being american

It's true. Seen it several times before as well.

But ur ppl rlly are like dat tho

This has happened to me in real life. And sometimes there are some great mind-bend comment threads in places like reddit where a guy claims to be of a ceryain nationality and talks with authority about how 'his people' behave and what 'his country' is like, but it eventually turns out its an american who has never been to the country he's talkung about. They always give me a kek.

haha i sure hope nobody hurts and abuses her, am i right broskis?

It is true, I have a friend who always calls himself Italian. Italian-Americans in particular seem very prone to this. I say this as a muh heritage genealogy DNA testing obsessee

i heard that they are the ethnicity corresponding to the cuisine of the last fast food meal they ordered

they never do this with austria, arnie alone excepted :)

Hi I am Austrian now

There are less than a million Americans with Austrian ancestry compared to 43 million with German ancestry and 17 million with Italian ancestry

It's not really an American thing so much as it's a second+ generation immigrant thing (which nearly all Americans are). Had a girl whose parents came from Nigeria switch between calling herself British, Nigerian and Ghanian in the course of a single conversation.

>tfw no blind gf
feels bad, man

They really do though

probs more common for non-white diaspora in western countries these days. there's this thing about 'owning' something and being an authority on it on a racial basis.

Italian american culture is watching the godfather for christmas

I mean Arnie was literally born in Austria

Also hand gestures and saying “va fongool!”

Attached: 20373719-5593-49BD-BF43-935731555E1B.gif (368x348, 2.49M)