I'm rewatching The Office and I realized past season 5 the whole show becomes like some sort of fever dream

I'm rewatching The Office and I realized past season 5 the whole show becomes like some sort of fever dream.

In season 1-3 the characters still work every day, and work is just boring and dull. They find little moments in a more or less realistic setting that we've all lived if we wagecucked at somepoint.
But past season 5... what the fuck.
There are episodes where character just inexplicably leave the office, like the Hay king Dwight episode where he spends the whole day outside while the other people work and no one says literally anything. A dedicated working people like him just leaves and does that. That also happens to other characters, it doesn't make sense.

In other seasons their lives did not happen inside of the office walls. In season 7, Jim and Pam literally give each other gifts in the company christmas party... even though they're married, they live together and they should celebrate christmas with their family and kids.. but no.

Why did that happen? Was it really the writers guild strike? Women writers? Why did it become so retarded and unrealistic when the core/soul of the show was normal people doing whacky things to pass the time in a boring work environment with a strange boss. Doesn't make sense if they just never go to the office, work or no only the boss is fucking insane but looks like everyone lost their minds.

The more I watch this show the less i like it. I'm convinced they all died in their bus ride to the Lake in season 3 and that Erin is a demon

Attached: tqmg4cz3rdez[1].jpg (500x282, 25.61K)

The American one is shit any way. Had to dumb it down for the servants of Israel.

First seasons are very solid really. Acting, plot, jokes, it's actually comfy even though I hate using that word. The silent environment, how calm everyone is, etc.
But past season 4 everyone is always screaming, insulting, totally fucking insane. Reminds me of pre-web 2.0 and current world.

The same thing happened with the Simpsons OP, just on a much longer scale.

Hollywood writers don't know what life actually is like and those who have enough of an idea prefer to heap scorn on those who actually work.

No show should ever go past 5 seasons, they all go to shit

the shield was good

No it wasnt

yes it was

nope

yes yes yes yes! yes! it was good! i enjoyed the shield!

>I'm convinced they all died in their bus ride to the Lake in season 3 and that Erin is a demon

Attached: tra4ffcjuwu51.png (3072x3118, 2.31M)

It's really not, and it's the only time I've ever seen Walton Goggins be shit in his role.

You take that back mister

Michael was a slack boss. He was too pissweak to reprimand anyone for leaving work.

Remember when Angela openly talked about hiring an assassin and the crew just let it happen

Attached: wersfd.jpg (740x370, 28.42K)

>Angela and Dwight are trying to hire a hit-man
>I sleep
>Todd laces the cupcakes with drugs to give to the Office staff
>I sleep
>Somebody is slightly mean to Pam
>OH I DON'T THINK SO

Attached: wecr.png (720x404, 247.17K)

Yeah long running sitcom’s eventually have to ratchet up the energy to the point where it no longer has any bearing on reality.

Flanderization

Attached: flanderization_transparent.png (330x597, 141.83K)

The sound/camera guy bit was so fucking cringe and weird.

there is always that one fucking dumb european shit head who has to make it political. Every fucking time. also office is gay

TV shows have to jump the shark or else they become boring fast.

Because early seasons were based on the better UK version. But then you have to turn it into slapstick poop comedy for the dumb fuck Americans or risk losing your viewers.
Unfortunately it's the result of your audience being the equivalent of 2 year olds entertained by pop up books and loud noises

What about shows like this? Never seen a single episode, did it jump the shark too?

Attached: grv fdte.png (447x174, 9.69K)

it peaked in season 3. season 4 was the aftermath and everything after 4 was just lame.

This is a 3 hour YouTube essay in text form

Fuck you

>tfw no cute erin demon gf

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia took longer to go to shit.

Not if you're honest.