Is it really possible to boost Earth out of our Solar system by using ten thousand thrusters?

Is it really possible to boost Earth out of our Solar system by using ten thousand thrusters?

Attached: earthengine.gif (300x300, 938.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dunno lol

anytime I see this shit all I can think of is picrel

Attached: E3jue28XwAEdJj_.jpg (565x369, 84.02K)

based

FPBP

And take where?

no

A system that doesn't have an expanding star in the middle. Centauri is popular.

propaganda movie with draconian Chinese solutions just like the Four Pests Campaign, that led to the Great Chinese Famine. Avoid

Anyway I believe they're renting sidereal space in the Perseus-Taurus Supershell

Attached: 1644079197370.jpg (737x647, 87.46K)

This sounds like overkill, ditching your fat ass should be enough.

probably yes
sounds stupid as shit though

Yes. But this movie is still completely retarded.

Theoretically enough thrust could move the earth like a spacecraft but I doubt it would be possible to ever generate it.

There are literally zero good Chinese blockbusters. They are all garbage.

You'd probably just destroy the atmosphere by making ten thousand big ass holes in the ozone layer

No it would just spin faster

All the good Chinese movies were in fact made in Hong Kong whole it was under British rule.

Never saw the movie, only read the premise.

I like the idea of moving the earth as a rogue planet. But thrusters are a cringe way.

My idea: top minds nuke the sun in a specific way to cause gravity wave flares. Like a rising gentle wave that moves the planet.
And the top minds calculate the exact times and paths to sling shot the earth to go where they want.

The spinning is stopped by huge engines on the equator.

Even if we had infinite power we'd need a completely separate system to heat it and maintain the the atmosphere as we surf though space. That's assuming we can perfectly recreated the effect of sunlight including nutrients taken from it. Interesting thought exercise, but at that point it's likely much easier and faster to terraform another planet.

Even if we could it would doom us all. As soon as we got to far from our star the world would freeze over. Not to mention the moon being ripped from our orbit would fuck the world up enough already.

Half the population moves underground, beneath the engines.

Use a shkadov thruster and take the whole Solar system with you

Attached: thruster.png (700x550, 46.31K)

Yes

But what of the ecosystems?

Other than the tides, why is the moon important?

Big whatever. Stuff will thaw out once we settle in a new system. Just pick up where we left off.

>likely much easier and faster to terraform another planet.
If we had the tech and capacity to terrraform a planet it would be a vanity project rather, it makes more sense to get to strip mining it and creating a million times the habitable living area in no time with O'Neill cylinder gigafactories.

Attached: 1626023433385.jpg (750x505, 598.69K)

Nice. Is there any scifi literature that explorer this?

It would take far less energy and resources to transport the whole terran biomass off the planet using ships rather than moving the planet itself

It's like the Sun but for night. If it wasn't there we'd be in pitch black darkness during the night

Off the top of my head I can't really think of any specifically, it's just kind of a hurdle you get over as you get into more hard sci-fi stuff, terraforming an entire planet is one of those things that sounds cool but the reality of changing tens of millions of square miles and atmosphere to be habitable is centuries of work compared to just engineering human-safe fish tank habitats to whatever comfort levels you desire with all the raw materials you could ever need.

You can check out a YT channel called Issac Arthur if this stuff interests you, there's a lot of futurism stuff there, it's what clued me into the habitat opinion. A dyson swarm is where I hope we we'd end up, billions of habitats orbiting the sun providing living area to trillions for beyond what all the terraformed planets in the system could ever hold.
youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g

Attached: 1638503362697.jpg (1575x1080, 294.7K)