Lord of the Rings fans ‘absolutely blown away’ after watching new TV series

>Some Lord of the Rings superfans and Tolkien experts have been lucky enough to meet the showrunners Patrick McKay and JD Payne and view some early footage, and have taken to social media to share their excitement.
>One fan wrote: ‘The passion & knowledge of the showrunners made me feel like they were one of us, they get it. I’m feeling very optimistic!’
>A Tolkien professor wrote: ‘I must say: after meeting the showrunners, I feel the show is in VERY good hands,’ before adding: ‘The makers of this show know and get Tolkien and are completely passionate about it.'
>A third viewer took to TikTok to share their excitement, saying that those who are ‘looking forward to the series’ will be ‘well rewarded,’ and those ‘on the fence’ should ‘put their fears to rest’. ‘We, as Tolkien fans, are in good hands!’ he said. ‘Above and beyond, I was absolutely blown away by the footage. I cannot wait to see more – it’s just beyond words.’

LOTRbros.... we're going back to middle earth

Attached: 5465473.jpg (860x590, 56.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7aVX6vw906c&t=394s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meh.

Attached: 1645518214927.webm (1920x800, 1.04M)

Looks hot ngl

>Lord of the Rings superfans
You mean these faggots?
youtube.com/watch?v=7aVX6vw906c&t=394s

No these

Attached: 20220510_122931.jpg (1660x1099, 147.88K)

It blows alright

kek was about to post the same thing

>‘The passion & knowledge of the showrunners made me feel like they were one of us, they get it. I’m feeling very optimistic!’
They had true Tolkien knowledge they should have know that there are no negro Elves. It's literally canon lore knowledge.

>"superfans" like that fucking unlisted video was called with the normie faggots who couldn't give a fuck
>"WE, AS TOLKEIN FANS..." on fucking TikTok
These people are not fans in any real sense, they are shills, some perhaps paid, this is a shill thread.

Rangs of Powah looks like and will be fucking garbage, fuck Amazon and fuck shills

Sure thing. I believe you.

ah yes... the "true fans". They seem reliable and trustworthy.

Attached: wink.gif (220x220, 235.41K)

>tolkien scholars
For what possible purpose? I can't for the life of me imagine a more pointless field of academia, and I'm an archeology student.

Attached: 1643141251777.jpg (250x336, 42.75K)

>OMG TikTok im literally going insaneeeee
lmao get with the time gramps, this guy is one of the most popular Tolkien TikTokers, he knows way more about the lore than you ever will

Attached: 343231234.png (790x980, 1.28M)

Some people actually make a living out of it, Corey Olsen for eg, who is one of the people quoted in that article, has been providing online Tolkien lessons/lectures for a long time

>Tiktok
Lmao

>Our gay fanfic super respects the lore you guys

I hope it's genuinely good. Not getting my hopes up though.

I like Clark, but the series almost certainly won't be good.

Attached: 1622999851186.webm (604x850, 1.87M)

Exactly what I was thinking
>like sauron is hot...I can fix him
-the nigger faggot who makes sucking and fucking gay ass his entire personality

wait they deleted the original? lmao

Morf is top qt
Here she is during filming with *hobbit girl*, Elendil and Pharazon

Attached: 20220511_225124.jpg (750x625, 136.66K)

>A Tolkien professor
>Hello, I study babbies first badly paced fantasy book!
Society is doomed.

>these paid for "fans" and "experts" say the show is good!
Does this bullshit actually work on anyone? Honest question.

Even as satire, this post is cringe.

reliability level ?/100?

>lets do some last minute damage control to win back the fans we pissed off and called racist.

Fuck you.

Attached: 21314579_1909730979350431_2675239553449760691_n.jpg (539x960, 51.03K)

>Tolkien professor
What he be doing for money if Amazon didn't make this series? Is there a high demand for pretentious retards telling you the easily recognizable themes of Tolkien and then twisting them to be about poofters and coons?

paid "fans" fuck off

>Tolkien professor

They get grants from government from your tax money.
Thats why.

Okay but what's their justification for black elves and black dwarves?

Also Asian and Maori Hobbits.

zoomer here, did tolkien "superfans" have to do public damage control for Jackson's movies before they got released? gut feeling is that never happened

>A Tolkien professor wrote: ‘I must say: after meeting the showrunners, I feel the show is in VERY good hands,’ before adding: ‘The makers of this show know and get Tolkien and are completely passionate about it.'

Attached: 1604048782247.png (726x720, 72.26K)

They didn't exist

Middle Earth is white. The only blacks are Orcs.

Attached: 1643707136990.jpg (2048x1441, 505.27K)

The people who made the comments are reliable and genuine. They built their own fanbases long ago and owe Amazon nothing.
They were kind of in the middle about the footage because they just got shown a bunch of clips (which they said looked good) but they really wanted to get a sense of story instead.
Pretty much everybody said the music was great though

wtf is that?

Attached: 1652464637159.jpg (152x135, 13.51K)

They sold their souls.

I hate how fucking dishonest modern culture is. They actually believe this isn't wrong, subconsciously. And even if they did think it was wrong, they'd be cancelled.

>Tolkien professor

wtf I fucking LOVE science

we paid a group of middle aged søyim, two poos for diversity, to represent the "fans". far better than the YouTube superfans travesty.

you can trust them

they call it "pajeet" but no pokedex entry has been made yet

>Tolkien himself made this comment on Twitter ''I was pretty skeptical at first desu but it's good''

a little bit, but nothing to this extent
christopher tolkien didn't like the films

Orcs are swarthy turks, there is canonically no character ever referred to as physically blacker than that in Tolkien's work

These are your Tolkien ""professionals""

Attached: tolkien society.png (694x1470, 123.3K)

Tolkien belongs on the page.
Fuck Peter Hackson
Fuck Globohomo
Fuck Jeff Bezos
And fuck you for enjoying it

Attached: gandalf and frodo.jpg (1360x2194, 1.22M)

>did tolkien "superfans" have to do public damage control for Jackson's movies before they got released?
When it leaked that Jackson intended Arwen to fight at Helms Deep, the Tolkien fans at the time cried so loud that Jackson ended up scrapping the idea altogether.
It's a different kind of example but that was Jackson doing damage control to avoid the pure autistic rage of the fans

Attached: 1645518267790.jpg (1416x900, 172.37K)

Sultana and Joel presenting the only vaguely relevant or interesting lectures

lol

Attached: tolkien society lol.png (794x2200, 1.21M)

>they don't even know basic trivia from the books
>a few of them even admit to not read any book or even watch all the movies
>Super fans
really?

I want to breed her bros...

Attached: fat.webm (800x800, 3M)

One of the TikTokers

DELETE THIS

>those face twitches
she's either ADHD or autistic, maybe both. CUTE!

Threadly reminder -- they retreat to the motte when the bailey is critiqued.
Bailey:
>Haha lets shove diversity into this all-White world to deliberately subvert and antagonize!
Motte:
>OMG fragile much? You can't handle a black person in your kid's show with elves and dwarves?

Attached: 14398732.jpg (960x450, 96.63K)

I'm amazed they ever thought it was a good idea to have Arwen fight at Helm's Deep alongside Aragorn. God bless those autists and their rage.

She actually does have ADHD, she's talked about it before

>Did I ever tell you about the ethnic cleansing, Frodo m'boy? I was not but a shit-arsed sprog back then. My grandpapa Mungo Baggins must've strung up at least a dozen of the swarthy, wooly-haired bastards. South-Farthing wind chimes they called 'em. Kept 'em swinging for near a fortnight, that's what they say. Old Hamfast Gamgee down the lane could tell you more. He was a good friend indeed.

Attached: 1644912908457.jpg (474x264, 17.25K)

Jackson and co had quite a few bad ideas that thankfully never made the cut, Aragorn vs Sauron being one of the worst. The difference is that Jackson at least realised he was being retarded and had the good sense to make changes, whereas the Amazon team are totally high on their own farts.

can someone explain this post please

>A Tolkien professor wrote
There is only one Tolkien professor and he left the project when he saw what they intended to create.

thighs

They got paid $$$$ to say whatever Amazon wrote for them. If you hate the dishonesty of culture then vote to destroy capitalism.

Attached: Insidious-Still.-1200x900.jpg (1200x900, 68.3K)

>Good morning sirs!

>There is only one Tolkien professor

Attached: maxresdefault (1) (1).jpg (1280x720, 148.46K)

Capitalism isn't bad. Neither is multi-culturalism. Similar to how true communism has never been attempted. It's just that humans suck at handling infrastructure.