Star Trek Strange New Worlds

Ok episode 2 was a lot better than episode 1.
If the rest of the series can sort of maintain this level of quality, it might actually hark a return to good Trek.

Attached: SNW-poster2[1].jpg (1080x1600, 401.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WmumGjQanZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can't be serious. I yawned through the whole fucking thing, the writing is terrible. The Spock laugh part was cringe, as is the millions quips a second. The plot was total shit as well.
It's honestly sad that they've done this to Spock and Uhura. I don't know if I can even stomach what they're going to do to Kirk.

We're speaking relatively of course.
Episode of SNW was better than every episode of Discovery, Picard, and the JJ Abrams movies.
It has a ways to go before it reaches peak TNG, but as it stands it felt like a bad episode of TNG, which is great praise.

Pros:
>average mission that shows crew working together in a multifaceted way towards a common goal
>actually has some semblance of a message/moral without being overly preachy or political
Cons:
>it's a bit too early for personal story episodes imo and this episode felt too personal too early for Uhura, and I hope it's a one and done.
>felt the same way for Pike in episode 1, it seems they're determined to bring up his vision of the future again and again, hope they drop it. It would be as if Picard had to keep bringing up his poor relationship with his brother Robert every episode from the start of TNG
>still don't like the sleek interior design of the ship amd common areas
>not enough crew and randoms walking around and rotating on the bridge, old Trek ships felt alive with crew walking around

Honestly there's way too many women and none of them are interesting. I have no idea why they can't just leave TOS alone.

I think the first episode was better.
Still not as good as picard imo. But maybe it'll get better once the basic introduction episodes are done. I imagine they do all characters back stories because that's so fucking interesting

Your standards are way, way too low. You don't have to lower them just because you feel obligated to watch new product. Just read books. Fuck's sake. You're so fucking obnoxiously consumerist.

Picard was terrible though, and I begrudgingly watched every episode of it. SNW episode 2 was way better than Picard.

>Nu Trek
Nah

>Hey guys, this new show doesn't have any of the soi of the other shows, please watch it.
>Hey guys, the new episode doesn't have any of the soi of the first episode, please watch it.
How long can you keep this going?

I'm not a shill. I condemned epsiode 1 to hell last week.

>I yawned through the whole fucking thing
Sounds like you watched Star Trek.

Attached: palpable.jpg (400x300, 21.12K)

>>it's a bit too early for personal story episodes
Tasha brought up the rape gangs as early as the TNG pilot.

Attached: Tasha_Yar,_polywater_intoxication.jpg (1080x1080, 285.7K)

do anyone but pozzed zoomers really watch any of this new garbage?

Yea but the episode wasn't centered around her and she wasn't the POV character for that episode iirc.
This episode is completely centered on Uhura in the way it's shot and presented e.g. when they're about to embark on the comet, we get her lingering behind and a shot of the empty corridor she looks at etc so we're meant to empathize with her, which TNG never did until later seasons for the characters. We got their backstories but we were never meant to self-insert, which is something you only do on rare occasions once you've eatablished their external characters.

I'm seeing complaints of the opposite. Some people are saying traumatic backstories only work when the episode revolves around it, others say it only works when it isn't about that character.

TNG had both so neither complaint makes any sense.

Strange New Worlds Episode 1 free on YouTube.
youtube.com/watch?v=WmumGjQanZs

Attached: Strange New Jabs.webm (1920x800, 2.88M)

We have a general you know.

yeah and its pure cancer user

>black woman with woke haircut saves the world by singing black songs

Yeah. Nah. I’m done. I gave it an honest chance and had an open mind but I’m done. Sorry.

No it wasn’t shill faggot.

Attached: FCE7E186-0141-4979-838C-B91723937288.jpg (319x93, 20.28K)

My AAA guidebook says not to take the long road to /trek/. 0 out of 5 stars.

Attached: Geezer and Gal Ploof!.webm (800x460, 445.45K)

it feels like tv is slowly healing
maybe in 10-20 years there can be good shows again

Both episodes were great. 1 was a 9/10. 2 was a 10/10. 2 was the best live action Trek tv ep since TOS: The Enterprise Incident.

>woke haircut