Meh

Honestly i was expecting more but i don't what what exactly. Story was fine and movie was also fine not bad this is just a movie nothing cool or super intresting
idk 6-7/10

But something is wrong with this movie. I can't figure out exactly what

Jokes aside
What do you think of this film?

Attached: https___hypebeast.com_image_2022_04_the-northmen-character-posters-alexander-skarsgard-nicole-kidman-bjork-1.jpg (800x1202, 134.45K)

Lackluster acting, bad dialogue, and poor pacing is what killed it

First religious movie for northern people, I liked it 9/10 t Finn

Also we wiz Vikings cos Finland got most viking king swords

kinda agreed

The pacing would have been better if the acting and dialogue wasn't so retarded. You can't make a slow movie and then have the characters behave so unbelieveable

Attached: faggot.jpg (1280x960, 271.02K)

>I can't figure out exactly what
Lack of jokes maybe? Maybe you capeshit admirer?

The narrative pacing was glacial but the editing was too fast and frequent for my liking, maybe im just retarded but i would have condensed the amount of overall scenes needed to tell the story and let those scenes breath and linger to be more immersive and let some intensity build up

It's subversive. You want to root for the main character, but can't because he's just a crazy person murdering people over his schizophrenic hallucinations and voices telling him he has to. After a certain point, he's the only bad guy in the film.

That would have been better for some scenes. Scenes where Olga and Amleth talk together make no sense because they need to say very deep things about their thoughts on destiny in a very short time, so it becomes unnatural.

First class criticism
really amazing
Go back go redit

>story was fine
It was literally the weakest part, I haven't heard or seen anything in this movie that's memorable, it's just very high effort in the reconstitution and atmosphere but they just speak English with a bad accent so what's the point?

Attached: 1527288158405.jpg (960x736, 66.55K)

>Story was fine
The best thing you can say about the story is that it didn't have any obvious plot holes, just lots of retardation instead,
>something is wrong with this movie. I can't figure out exactly what
Nothing in it is spectacular. Most of it is mediocre. The fight scenes are shit. It's 140 minutes devoted to "revenge is like bad, 'mkay?". It cares more about paying homage to viking legend and history than it does about being a good film and that shows really clear

>fight scenes are shit
This part was very surprising. I expected more.

Bad editing (writing?), you jump from a scene to another without the sauce that would make you interested to the characters or what would happen next.

I'm starting to think Anya is box office poison.

I thought it was great. Like an old movie with all its faults but with modern sfx. The music was amazing.

lmao yeah dude this was just like an old movie, i thought František Vláčil had come back to life and forced Poggers to hand him the camera at certain points

it has its bad moments like the dialogue isnt that striking to me, but its better overall than bad, and i already want to watch it again, and not a lot of movies do that

>But something is wrong with this movie. I can't figure out exactly what
its just copy pasted occult symbolism presented in a fashion guaranteed to produce conversation and increase their exposure (for these symbols, the film itself and its subject matter are incidental).

You have to be white (100% Northern European) in order to appreciate this film. I'm sorry it's lost on the entirety of this website except for me

I also thought this.
I think she did fine and she's a decent actress and good-looking, but she has an unusual model alien look to her and she's not a traditional bombshell looker.
If they had gotten someone more traditionally hot and young with big tits to play her role and put some full frontal in there, it would have helped. I mean we are basically trying to get both the Lighthouse fans and the Conan the Barbarian fans interested aren't we?

>anglogermcucks
>European
lmao

Attached: 732D7EBD-EFBD-4F34-9AA5-7ADEAD267898.png (640x393, 225.91K)