Is there any point in a burger learning this language…?

Or should I just learn French like all my other compatriots.

Attached: E208F17C-50FE-474A-B6B8-21851F5481F4.jpg (820x1024, 204.3K)

learn tagalog or Javanese or malay
europe lost its relevancy with cold war ending, russia being neutered and china rising
future will focus on SEA

> should I just learn
Unless you're a super motivated person that can learn something "just because" even if you're not interested in it, don't pick the one you're less interested in. If you want to learn German more than French then go for it. Utilitarian reasons to learn something aren't enough motivation to learn a language. That's the way I see it anyway.

>future will focus on SEA
I understand your intentions to be pure, Türkbro.
But there is nothing—not a single thing on God’s green earth—that will ever convince me to learn a South East Asian language.

not even mail order brides?

Don’t get me wrong, I get that. But I want to know why other people are interested in it.
The most practical language for me to learn would be Spanish, because that’s the one I come into contact with the most. I don’t ever meet French/German speakers in my day to day life. But I find myself running into more German culture online—songs, history, etc—even though people would think more highly of me if I learned French.

not the other user but would much rather have Russian mail order brides desu.

If I’m paying for a bug-eyed bride (which I will never do), you can be sure I’m speaking English with her.

Turkish girls are cute too.

What you're saying makes me think German is the better choice. Say you come across some thing in German history. You could go on their general and ask what they think of it. I know people will say, "yeah but germans here all speak english". I still think it's much better to hear some things in the original language. Germans learned history in German, and think about it in German. So you'll get the most direct and authentic answer in German.
On the other hand, if you learn French but you're not interested in French culture, you're not going to have much to talk about which means you won't learn as effectively and your motivation to practice will be limited.

No. No point in learning French either.
Learn a language that interests you or that has some relevance to you.
I have family in Germany and have dual citizenship so I have been learning German.

>with French you'll be able to talk to French cryptocolonies like.. Senegal, Congo, Mali, Lebanon
>with German you'll be able to speak to fellow Europeans like Poles, Serbs, Turks, Russians, Austrians and many more
I think it's obvious

You already know English, don't fall for globohomo and stay monolingual.
We learn YOUR language because it's relevant but there's ZERO reasons for you to learn German or French.

Based kazak bro, but don't forget about the Quebec niggas

>like Poles, Serbs, Turks, Russians, Austrian
This is a big draw for me. I would like to speak to all of these people (although I wonder about Serbs) in a language with some history in the area. I would learn Russian, but it would take longer, and I have few cultural ties to Russia.

We have some communities over here that still speak French tho

>there's ZERO reasons for you to learn German or French
There must be some reason why people would *want* to, if not have to.

>Poles, Serbs, Turks, Russians
>speak German
Wouldn't their native languages be better for that?

>stay monolingual.
no way
not OP btw
learning a different language from german

learn hindi then

It's only useful f there's a large local community. My city has a large German presence so it was taught at my school and others, but I've never got to use it outside of the very German areas of my city.

It's been useful for keeping up with Drachenlord at least kek.

>Wouldn't their native languages be better for that?
Well, I mean… you’re not wrong, but how many languages do you want me to learn?

Learn however many languages you want
For now I'm just sticking with one and if I'm living up to it I'll studying another later
If I was specifically interested in visiting Serbia and the rest of former Yugoslavia, I'd study Serbian
If I was specifically interested in visiting Turkey, I'd study Turkish
etc. etc.
I have my heart set on visiting specific countries that all share a language to some extent so that made it easier for me to choose a language to study
Maybe you aren't to sure about what places you'd want to go to if any at all so I can understand why it might be harder for you to choose a language to study

>even though people would think more highly of me
just learn german you cuck