Apparently there's a type of cheese from Sardinia called Casu Marzu...

Apparently there's a type of cheese from Sardinia called Casu Marzu, which is allowed to ferment and become infested with maggots before eating.
My question is why? And has anyone ever tried it?

Attached: 1605673666625.jpg (2848x2136, 2.8M)

Wypeepo wouldn't get it

wypeepo love maggots doe

Attached: sv3rige.jpg (1280x720, 131.68K)

I wonder how this food has been invented. I get that fermentation is used for food preservation, but this one looks like some peasant's cheese got spoiled, he accepted the bet to try to eat it and discovered it is actually somewhat edible.

Raw meat is our natural diet

Dude, that's how most delicacies are invented. You think someone purposefully fermented juice to make the first wine?

Literally how yogurt happened

Dumbass

I’m Sardinian and I’ve tried it once during a festival where a cheese maker sold it to me illegally. It’s quite good though I can’t find it anywhere now

>he accepted the bet to try to eat it
More like he had to eat it or starve to death

ypp be like, worms 2 spicy

Attached: 1657632680573.gif (320x320, 436.5K)

ive eaten some fairly nasty cheeses but fucking hell pasta man

It’s pretty good, had it with some pane carasau, too bad it’s illegal, but regular Sardinian pecorino is also quite good, especially giunco

> you will NOT eat the traditional bugs
> you will ONLY eat the factory bugs
> you will NOT question it

Attached: ciasoyjakglowing.png (994x989, 595.9K)

he does not look healthy
no

Why is it illegal?

The bad mean wormies make the tummy ache :((( Globoeuro does not like that, not one bit

How does he cope with balding?

Eating raw meat like a dumbass

did it still have living maggots in it?

Hey, Japan loves raw fish

fish are plants

>you have to chew thoroughly in order to make sure every larvae is dead, because they can survive stomach acid and will start to feed on your flesh once inside
It's an island, can't you just fish?

Attached: 1624282713710.png (900x900, 808.71K)