When you think about it, is this place any different than the social media platforms that people on here despise...

When you think about it, is this place any different than the social media platforms that people on here despise? Twitter allows it's users to hide behind anonymity and say retarded ass shit without repercussion. Sounds an awful lot like this place...

Attached: Untitled.png (486x486, 174.86K)

>When you think about it, is this place any different than the social media platforms that people on here despise?
The fun thing about this place is that twitter also despises Any Forums. So yeah, everyone on the internet is full of shit in some way or another.You just figured it out, just don't let that ruin the whole thing for you.

I wish I never found this fucking place

Attached: 1619595327047.jpg (554x554, 18.51K)

Every social media despises each other despite being the same shithole with different political views. A lot of what is posted here comes straight from Twitter and Reddit. Everytime someones tells you to gb to Reddit it's 100% a Redditor trying to fit in. Pot and kettle.

Any Forums and the parts of Twitter you are thinking about have the same origin (SomethingAwful) so it shouldn't be surprising they are very similar

read bowling alone, anonymous and pseudo-anonymous discourse is low quality compared to conversations irl or with people you know.

>anonymity
Nope, the fact twitter are so insistent on getting my phone number even if I sign up with an email makes me wonder why they want it so much.

good recommendation user. do you think the constant internet socialization affects the intepretation of human signals, hence why so many anons claim they're autistic? does the absence of physical interaction also breed conflict?

Yes autism in most cases is simply bad parenting (giving a kid an ipad instead of giving them real experiences with humans). If you can start learning a language to fluency at any age so long as you immerse, why wouldn't the same be true with things like socialization and their accompanying skillsets? I feel that most people today just got far fewer in-person social interactions than in the past. It's easier to say you're autistic and resign yourself to being a social failure than it is to go out and get better at it tho. The same is true for most ADHD diagnoses. You only get the diagnosis because you don't act well in school or at a job, but instead of taking ritalin/addy it's probably a better idea to look at what video games/internet addiction have conditioned you to do, and maybe remove them from your life. Some other decent books are Digital Minimalism and Deep Work by Cal Newport (not the greatest author, but the topics are interesting).

Not really, but somewhat understandable considering that people talk mainly about their lives and random people are less likely to grasp the whole thing compared to other people in your life.

I started going out and meeting people irl and the conversation fucking blows compared to online, the only thing that's better is playing video games

Have you tried interacting with people who you have a common interest or hobby? Of course conversation will be boring if you have nothing in common.
Anyway if someone spends several months actively trying to get better at socializing and manages to get a ton of experiences they will improve quite a bit. The problem is that people with bad social skills also tend to be lazy, insecure, and other things that prevent them from having the confidence to do this.

you probably never talked with normies or women IRL if you think that's high quality or remotely comparable to online discussions

KEK why are you so rude?

While I agree, if you sought out the proper social groups in your area I think you could find people to have serious discussions with. Book clubs or martial arts might be a good start.

why rude? it's a fact that normies and women are low iq trash at least here. You can talk only about TV shit, sports and women stuff

I meant low quality more in the sense that they often lead to nothing at all. If you have a conversation with 15 locals, you can actually impact your community, if you have a conversation with 15 people online, you are doing nothing because the people you're effecting are too diffused to hold any real power.
A youtuber with 200k subs who suck his dick is less powerful than a pastor in a small town.

If you don't live in the city you're fucked. There is nothing like that where I live.

thanks

No, that isn't exactly true. You are just expecting that they will deliberately talk about something different. I don't really like him, but you should read Plato's Socrates. Conversations with regular people can definitely be interesting. Anyone that is able to express themselves in a language can be. The thing is that you have to make them interesting. The appeal the internet has is that you are free to ask people about stuff that weirds them out and they are ok with it compared to irl. The downside is that people here are mostly full of shit.

I read both and bought physical copies. Thanks.