Why do people see determinism as something “evil”...

Why do people see determinism as something “evil”? It’s merely an alternative to lying to yourself about having a real choice.
Why fight for something illusory instead of enjoying all the guilty pleasures that the modern civilization offers?

Attached: EFE96851-E10E-4EDC-97A1-38AC9CCC77E7.jpg (750x677, 253.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/determinism-causal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If I'm predestined to fight against modern decadence, why should I fight it

that's fatalism, the idea that everything is predestined

religious upbringing? incel rage against broader society? not trying to offend just curious?

No he said determinism and that's probably what he meant. Don't try to correct anyone, you worthless nigger.

revel in your ignorance
> Fatalism is the thesis that all events (or in some versions, at least some events) are destined to occur no matter what we do. The source of the guarantee that those events will happen is located in the will of the gods, or their divine foreknowledge, or some intrinsic teleological aspect of the universe, rather than in the unfolding of events under the sway of natural laws or cause-effect relations. Fatalism is therefore clearly separable from determinism, at least to the extent that one can disentangle mystical forces and gods' wills and foreknowledge (about specific matters) from the notion of natural/causal law.
plato.stanford.edu/entries/determinism-causal/

Nah fatalism taken to extreme is
>we all die so there is no point in living
Which I see as stupid because there is no objectively good reason to end your life either

Yeah, that is not determinism, which is what this thread is about. You really should commit to those suicide plans of yours. One less dumb nigger in the world is always a good thing. Please, spare the world your presence in it.

so you're advocating for defeatism towards the current status quo? how do you define the predicate laws for your causal determinism?

see sven act tough is cute

You just wanted to sound clever but you didn't. You just confirmed that you're a dumb nigger.

why does my intelligence worry you so much? i am correct, OP didn't define the terms of his determinism, he said there is no real choice, that's the definition of fatalism in the included article. You seem butthurt, and not because of the usual assfucking, sven.

Not defeatism but using the status quo to your advantage. Not to be outside the system but be successful within it.
Civilization and it’s bad sides are not going anywhere. Might as well adapt and use what it has on offer.

that is the default human state
if you mean political differences to western civilization, than like this guy said, the deterministic state might be to combat it. determinism was an originally scientific concept (physical sciences), you might mean the total determinism of a system in terms of adaptation, but even then as an individual it might not be advantageous

The default human state is to be oblivious and ignorant, follow trends and repeat after other humans .

2 things
a - people are by your definition in a deterministic system, and adapt regardless of their situation
b - you're advocating for acceptance of modern civilization with its faults, how is that not oblivious?

>he said there is no real choice, that's the definition of fatalism in the included article.
No, it isn't. Did you even read it?
> The source of the guarantee that those events will happen is located in the will of the gods, or their divine foreknowledge, or some intrinsic teleological aspect of the universe,
In no way did he imply any kind of teleology or divine will. And yet you tried to correct him and say that he did. This doesn't make you a dumb nigger but it confirms that you are one.

yeah i read it
>It’s merely an alternative to lying to yourself about having a real choice.
from OP. if you have no real choice, what determines the choice for you idiot? you're just ignorant of the historical origins of deterministic philosophy and are of course, like every swede, butthurt

something simpler for your brain to understand

seethe harder if its possible

Attached: stupidswede.png (663x84, 25.51K)

>what determines the choice for you idiot?
Causality. This is the basic idea behind determinism, which I now realize that you don't even understand. I was foolish to assume that a nigger would have.

Attached: 1656780139381.jpg (640x614, 302.96K)

so there's a predicate cause, and there's no choice? welcome to the definition of fatalism, which you finally understand. you're welcome

You have not understood the basic idea behind determinism. You don't know what it is. Of course you conflate it so easily with fatalism, of which your understanding seems cursory at best but ultimately erroneous as well. I shall cast no more pearls before niggers.

too bad after your entire diva show the article argues against causality in determinism

bye bye

Attached: stupidswede2.png (566x651, 219.5K)

> you're advocating for acceptance of modern civilization with its faults, how is that not oblivious
Because whether you accept it or not won’t affect the outcome. Only your personal opinion and stance about the matter being discussed changes.
This is the only choice you really have.
I mean nothing stops you for believing you’re a bird or a dinosaur as well. Does that mean that others will see you as a bird or a dinosaur as well? No.
This can be extrapolated to every other possible thing, you can’t choose who to be, you can only be yourself.

I'll just remind you again: all you'll ever be to anyone is a dumb nigger.

It's predetermined that I'll fuck your mom

you're conflating free will and interpretation, but life is inherently deterministic regardless, your opinion of yourself can be deterministic itself, why do you presuppose free will?

>gets btfo because he can't read an article
>thinks he's in a position to judge intelligence
lyl