You guys are pretty smart, and keep posting about the f-35, so maybe you can help me where /his/ and /k/ have failed...

You guys are pretty smart, and keep posting about the f-35, so maybe you can help me where /his/ and /k/ have failed. How do I learn about military strategy and weaponary internationally? Stuff like combined arms, troop arrangements, corrected weaponary for each circumstance. Does anyone have any youtube channels or books, or search terms I can use?

Attached: download (2).jpg (322x156, 6.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJITZJWW
youtube.com/watch?v=dEbLuAPobao
youtube.com/watch?v=UJITZJWWblM
youtube.com/watch?v=sAU5cgBGcUk
publications.armywarcollege.edu/
armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/ADP.aspx
armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/FM.aspx
jcs.mil/Doctrine/Joint-Doctine-Pubs/
archive.org/details/the-story-of-lancaster
archive.org/details/the-story-of-the-hurricane
archive.org/details/the-panzer
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFr_hG7gg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You attend a military academy as a commissioned officer and later on in your professional life go on joint exercises.

thats a very broad topic and publicly available information on such things varies widely from nation to nation
idk what to tell you other than just googling whatever you're interested in

Attached: 1656429963039.jpg (3904x2553, 1.7M)

>Does anyone have any youtube channels
Military History Visualized makes pretty good stuff: youtube.com/watch?v=UJITZJWW
the Austrian military (Bundesheer) has a YT channel that covers the ongoing Ukraine war with English videos every week or so, pretty interesting imo: youtube.com/watch?v=dEbLuAPobao
the German military (Bundeswehr) has a pretty good channel too, but it only occasionally uploads stuff in English

What are you specifically interested in?

messed up the first link: youtube.com/watch?v=UJITZJWWblM

Whenever I type things like 'combined arms explained' on yt it just comes up with lots of playthroughs of some computer game called combined arms.
I'm interested on what the resons are for certain weapons and ways of deploying them. Like how would a general or something decide what formation to send his army in, and how to decide on the objectives. There are all sorts of different vehicles like tanks, attack helicopters, fighter jets, recconnaissance units, drones, normal infantry, artillery, anti-aircraft artillery, RPGs, snipers, and there are lots of different varieties of each of these things, for example over shoulder anti-aicraft weapons that seem to be getting deployed a lot in ukraine v big ground launcher/vehicle SAM systems that seek to do the same thing. I want to know what the benefits and weaknesses of each thing is and why there are different kinds.
Thanks user I will check these out

These are things that children and incels care about. What's wrong with you?

kill yourself

just play vidya and read wiki about battles (random)

idk watch military autism videos
some guy posted this in another thread
youtube.com/watch?v=sAU5cgBGcUk
these things differ greatly from country to country, despite knowing how these things run in israel the organizational stuff of other countries look completely foreign to me sometimes.

Each nation is going to have different information and perspectives, but there's going to be some overlap between NATO partners.

I recommend going to a local library or amazon for secondary sources. These are going to be written by experts and researchers to give you a layman-friendly perspective.

If you want to get into the finer technical details and see primary sources, you could try reading official publications. Here's some good starting points for US stuff.

publications.armywarcollege.edu/
armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/ADP.aspx
armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/FM.aspx
jcs.mil/Doctrine/Joint-Doctine-Pubs/

the best way would be to start with Napoleonic doctrine and work your way up through WW1, WW2, Korea and then the Gulf war
That way you will learn about the new weapons as they are added into the strategic mix rather than all at once
Playing videogames would also help, as books and documentaries often focus more on the political or human sides of war whereas games are all about the fighting

archive.org/details/the-story-of-lancaster

pretty much this.

MHV makes good stuff on deployements, but rarely elaborate on how complex stuff like combined arms actually work in the field.

I'm sure you will find a lot of stuff like "tanks are needed to break through fortications" or "tanks need infantry support because otherwise they are vulnerable" or " russia fails at combined arms bla bla bla"

I'm sure you must've realized now (since you're asking this) that this is all tell rather than show. And frankly I'm quite sure most people including actual military officers in the east and west doesn't have any idea how to do combined arms in actual combat; especially in urban settings. Russians do massive combined arms training with their BTGs in massive exercise like zapad; so did the west. Yet in actual operation in Ukraine, we saw these units deployed very poorly. The west on the other hand never actually do combined arms (no calling A10 to blast goat herders in afghanistan is not a good example of combined arms; its a testament of good coordination which is a prequesite of combined arms (in this field the Russians is obviously found wanting) but not actually attest to good employment of the various element of combined arms).

Best you can do as a civvie is probably experiment in a realistic RTS game to see how these things work. I got a lot of insight on modern infantry and tank employments by playing Syrian Warfare. Tanks are expensive and dies like flies to ATGM (which is very ubiquitous, it seems every block has an atgm team at the ready which is actually quite realistic for any western supplied faction, ukraine being a good example). Yet they are absoultely necessary to advance, that role is simply unreplacable. No tanks to spare? You still need to fill that role if you don't want to see your most forces killed without progress, so you fill that roles hilux mg, bmps, etc. Suddenly you understand why those seemingly deathtrap vehicles keep being used everywhere.

Attached: syrianwarfare.jpg (1737x920, 1.68M)

archive.org/details/the-story-of-the-hurricane

make your own f35

Attached: NISI20220211_0000930538_web.jpg (720x428, 63.71K)

this is also good
archive.org/details/the-panzer

Why would you wanna learn that? Who are you gonna invade?

maybe he's just interested in it? can you not learn about space stuff without becoming an astronaut?

He's going to invade (You).

The Falklands war is the most relevant to study still, for China/US

sorry, I don't want to be trialed for treason.

in autism simulator you're just selecting one from 50 types of rockets for each attack
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFr_hG7gg4

and then loose or maybe win

Any Forums confirmed military experts, basado

Attached: 1656593659793.jpg (720x644, 66.52K)