/lang/ Language Learning General

hammurabi speaking akkadian with a spanish accent edition
>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!

Read this shit some damn time:
4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Any Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

[UPDATED] Totally not a virus, but rather, lots of free books on languages:
Older version: mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A
Newer version: mega.nz/folder/INlRkAQC#CthKI9-_kmDNyrOx12Ojbw

Lots of books on linguistics of various kinds, as well as language courses:
mega.nz/#F!Ad8DkLoI!jj_mdUDX_ay-8D9l3-DbnQ

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides:
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
web.archive.org/web/20200316222401/https://yuki.la/t/796928

List of trackers for most language learning packs:
files.catbox.moe/nmrn8x.txt

Ukrainianon's list of commercial courses from rutracker.org:
pastebin.com/3EWMhSPN

Russianon's list of comprehensible input resources:
docs.google.com/document/d/1wXd0V32TjCFsr1-F_en_lA4MI-i7JtyYf26cWLtPRec

Pastebin that archives challenges:
pastebin.com/u/jopiepoliste/1/dMvKSQMw?sort=-name

FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the damn wiki
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
Yes
>What is the most useful language?
Interslavic
>What language should I learn?
Toki Pona

Old thread Old challenge

Attached: 'ammurabi.jpg (1920x1080, 491.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1mWbQ0iErHk0SVuXilZk8FjvUVCY-ByYw40QNE-NJciY/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

balls

jajca

cock&balls

þenis

prolapse

гoмoceкc

Conlanger user from the previous thread here.
I'll be posting a few Google Docs of some conlang projects that I haven't touched in a while. Maybe you guys might have some ideas of where to take them.
Is there a way I can properly describe them to you that may pique your interest?

>
You forgot to decline geolu for accusative, but otherwise yes.

>8 postov na trědě i toliko jedin jest v něčijem TL
to konec

I suggest Mongolian. Less people know it so it's rarer and more intriguing. More mythical.

The language common folk spoke and the language of the elite differed. The elite spoke with a lot of Persian and Arabic loanwords while the commoners spoke something close to today's Turkish but with a little more Arabic and Persian loanwords (not as much as the elites' loanwords obviously).
>so many Arabic even after the purge
There are about six thousand Arabic loanwords. Compare that to five thousand French loanwords. Most loanwords have Turkish alternatives thanks to the language reforms, both Eastern (Arabic, Persian) ones and Western (French, English) ones.

Is it realistic to learn two languages at once? I have been flirting with German for a while now, but personal circumstances have pushed me to begin learning Japanese. My German is still rough, and I don't want to leave it completely behind, but at the same time I do want to finally learn Japanese, something I've thought about doing for a while now.

This question is asked here often. The general consensus is that it's possible to learn two languages at the same time.

>Is it realistic to learn two languages at once?
Yes but it's going to be slower.

Attached: 1535726629919.png (1134x989, 227.89K)

Thank you for the info, I apologize for not checking the wiki beforehand.

welcum to the thread and what languages are you interested in sir?

This made me check Matt's Twitter. Surprised he still posts because he is presumed dead on YouTube

give me a brief general rundown
some cool grammar features and some syntax, phonology and vocab examples, and ofc why you're making them

Albanian girls hebben grote booba

Studied 316 cards in 19.54 minutes today (3.71s/card)
Again count: 81 (25.63%)
Learn: 70, Review: 190, Relearn: 56, Filtered: 0
Correct answers on mature cards: 13/13 (100%)

Attached: yotsubaHappy.jpg (998x421, 137.83K)

hola amigo how's your mandarin learning process¿

>Learn: 70

Attached: Thumb_v-video-games-»-thread-438727736-50110479.png (300x673, 72.14K)

On it. Here's a list for you to peruse, Polanon (although you'll be hard-pressed for me to give vocab examples since I didn't really develop those properly yet):
>Friendspeech
docs.google.com/document/d/1mWbQ0iErHk0SVuXilZk8FjvUVCY-ByYw40QNE-NJciY/
The main language of a part from what I called the "Neo-Simlish Project", inspired by the "languages" in the Sims games where I try to make a personal interpretation of what I think said languages would be like if they were coherent.
I tried to mish-mash the phonologies that were present (Navajo, Estonian, Ukrainian and put them in an "English-ified' blender), with phonotactics that mirrored English, but the grammatical features are a sort of hybrid between them both. Some unique sounds include affricates as distinct sounds, lateral and velar fricatives and the consideration of a glottal stop. Although I'm trying to decide if Any Forums should be in free variation with Any Forums.
I'm trying to get the language to have some nominalizing features particularly just because I think the fact that Native American town names have so much information condensed into it, like how Coshocton, OH means "where there is a river crossing" or Monongahela, PA meaning "the high riverbanks are washed down"
[Other langs will be in different posts]