Why don't Europeans romanticize knights as much as the Japanese romanticize samurai?

Why don't Europeans romanticize knights as much as the Japanese romanticize samurai?

Attached: Knight vs Samurai.webm (640x360, 2.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcKolKQ1F4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We definitely do.

Because Japanese were detached from their culture by force and it didn't die out like knights, etc

One day the Grail will send him here to save Any Forums from the cancer. One day...

Attached: Lohengrin_by_Walter_Crane_(1895).jpg (313x512, 36.09K)

turku

Attached: pic_5_235167_k235172_1200.jpg (1024x679, 243.24K)

Everyone worships knights, did you see how Dark Souls and Elden Ring outsold Sekiro?

No, the West only produces anti-medieval media. Post modern media that romanticizes knights. Pro-tip: you can't

What counts as modern?

Attached: 0c2fc30b2137f577d7d38c514787f186.png (800x444, 479.24K)

>Post modern media that romanticizes knights.
A Knight's Tale

Samurai sisters…
youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc

>(chiefly historical) Of a work of literature, a writer etc.: being like or having the characteristics of a romance, or poetic tale of a mythic or quasi-historical time; fantastic. [from 17th c.]
The word “romantic” literally pertains to a romance:
>A story relating to chivalry; a story involving knights, heroes, adventures, quests, etc.

It’s hard to romanticize harder than that. Besides how many fictional Samurai do you know of? How many knights of Arthur’s court could you name offhand?

Attached: B279D79F-DB5F-49FA-9A3B-EEECDB09A227.jpg (550x550, 101.08K)

My Kenshin would btfo your "Sir Arthur the Chaste" or whatever dumb shit. Lmao XD

You stupid or something?

user even your own country has produced that kind of media. Arn?
Thing is here in the west we've already kind of been through that phase. We romanticized the medieval knights and such in art and literature during the romantic period, i.e. 1800-1900. Then we had the biggest technological boom in human history and we sort of went into sci-fi and such.
I'm also a little curious what you consider "anti-medieval media", can you give some examples?

We absolutely do. Just how sheltered do you have to be not to realize that?
Also keep in mind that for the Japanese, samurai were much more recent than knights are for us. I mean they still fought in the late XIX century.

>I'm also a little curious what you consider "anti-medieval media", can you give some examples?
Seventh Seal, Kingdom of Heaven, Game of Thrones etc.

How is the Seventh Seal anti-medieval?

>be CHADelot
>favored by god so you can never lose
>win every single fight, highest kill count by far
>cuck your king, instigating a massive civil war
>still get carried to heaven by a shit load of angels
Yeah, I’m thinking based.

Attached: 9FE77F8A-471E-4AA7-A79B-0980C6823D86.jpg (1170x1451, 1.38M)

How is Kingdom of Heaven not romanticizing? He's an honourable crusader and they don't show anything of the bad stuff like crusaders usually did, like any army did back then.
Game of Thrones is the only one I can think of which doesn't romanticize, you don't have to portray something as 100% positive and morally good for it to be romanticizing, if something generally seen as bad is portrayed neutrally that can be romanticizing.
A knight show/film which didn't romanticize would not focus on combat and virtues, it would focus on shitting in your armor, showing how the majority of them were aristocratic snobs which rarely if ever saw actual combat, how they would abuse their nobility like any other noble for their private gains etc.

>you can’t run in plate armo-
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcKolKQ1F4

Never understood why this meme existed.

Attached: CAAE39FE-882F-4477-AF8A-63D61731D75F.gif (498x373, 3.14M)

Pretty much RPG games giving this misconception since they usually balance armor with plate being the best but also the heaviest even if in reality a chainmail or reinforced gambeson is heavier than the average plate armor.

Europeans romanticized their knights a lot in movies and literature. But like others said it fell out of fashion.