Turkye

>Turkye
>cote d'ivoire
>myanmar
>eswatini
why are we so benevolent that we let people change words for their country in our own language?

Attached: fatdog.jpg (958x539, 87.87K)

what do you mean

All of those are mostly still referred to by their original English names, only the UN, books and websites refer to them by those native names.

I've been reading a book about africa and it writes ivory voast the french way, but I've trained myself to always read it the english way in my head now. Next I'm frying to learn to think in in british imperial to unzog my brain of the french imperial that EU soys use.

dear anglos and everyone else on the planet
please stop calling our country germany, allemagne, tyskland or other heinous names. we are to be known as deutschland, and only as deutschland
sincerely, user

Intellectual romanian girl (here in France) once made fun of my culture because many of our names for foreign places are "weird".
Since then I grew an interest in the topic.
Now I could tell her that it's not just the French and their legendary arrogance, the Anglos also have their own names for many countries, cities, etc.
In the middle ages, all names (if not in latin) were translated. But even in the XXth century, Anglos would translate Jean-Paul Sartre into "John-Paul Sartre" (I suppose the real name sounds girly in english)

>allemagne
Alemans, our eternal enemies, we the Franks!

they changed their name in english officially
does anybody else call you deutchland?
anyway its because it was a region first and the German nation is an artificial abomination far younger than even Australia

We gave you the Paris meridian so that you could say Greenwich is the origin of times. The deal was you'd accept the meter (le mètre) in return, as international unit.

Holland calls us Duitsland

Dutchland is the best we can do.

If they want to be mean or remember the war(s), old French people will refer to you as Prussians. "Allemagne" is neutral.

>noooooooo the
>holy
>roman
>empire
>wasn't german i swear!!!

Attached: soy latte.webm (640x358, 1.91M)

>Dutchland
holy shit, I never noticed => d(e)utch

it wasn't it was an attempt to create the western roman empire that got fucked up in the execution

don't care, we may have lost two world wars but at least we didn't lose to fucking emus

Ankara used to be known here as Angora.

you forgot a couple toponyms
>Kyiv
>Kharkiv
>Lviv
etc

Myanmar is the name of the country
Burma is just one ethnicity that makes up the country

Yeah that's why Netherlanders are called Dutch commonly in English because back in the day Dutch referred to a wide variety of continental Germanic tribes or some shit and eventually just came to mean people in the Netherlands

I noticed that "in dutch" is usually not very nice!

Soon it will be Miskiv and Pitirsbirg as well, you chud.

Attached: giga intellectual.jpg (1024x1200, 92.21K)