boku wa
uchi wa
watashi wa
futari wa
ware wa
kore wa

What's wrong with simplification?

they/them retards

Back when I was in school we were taught to write "he/she" when gender was unknown. Which was retarded so we just wrote "they", who cares if it's improper. Now according to teachers "they" is a legitimate way to refer to one person, kek.

Why don't you guys use "it" instead? would that offend people?

They can be used for one person and it's perfectly acceptable, 'they're coming later', 'they eat bacon' etc

Although it's ostensibly for multiple people it can still be used for a single person, although he/she is way more common.

Are you retarded? ESL?

I might be retarded. But no, not esl . I would just use he/she.

it's not perfectly acceptable and if you used they as a singular then you're simply an african american.
>they're coming later
>they are
that's plural. you don't say "they is coming later"
if you said "they'll be here soon" i would naturally assume more than one person.
stop making shit up asshole

What if you don't know the gender? If someone pooed on your doorstep you would refer to them as "they" because you don't know if it was a man or a woman.

>ze
>they/them(singular)

Attached: 1653921347621.gif (223x255, 87.41K)

I didn't think of that...

você
vocês
???
eles/elas

"It" is for objects/animals and indeed sounds derogatory.

reminds me of an american post who said he had never seen words like "thereof", "therein", etc.

german be like:

you (singular, formal) -> Sie
she -> sie
you (plural, formal) -> Sie
them -> sie

modern illiterates

I am going to pose a question, how many books does the average American read per year? What is the average illiteracy rate in Baltimore, Detroit, New York City, and so on? This country is in a serious downward trend.

he's got a point though

Most """new""" additions to English are actually born out of native functional illiterates and ESL scum.

According to the U.S. Department of Education, 54% of U.S. adults 16-74 years old - about 130 million people - lack proficiency in literacy, reading below the equivalent of a sixth-grade level.

'you' used to be almost exclusively plural except when addressing royalty (cf. royal we), however upper class nonces in the 17th century decided that if they're addressing royalty using the plural form it would be more polite to refer to each other using the plural form too, eventually the singular thou/thy/thee forms died out
'they' is just fucked and is probably a consequence of english losing grammatical gender as it comes from scandinavian