Dad recently had back surgery after a car accident

>dad recently had back surgery after a car accident
>surgery + hospital stay = $153k
>$153k
Wtf I thought this shit was just a meme. My family’s life’s savings is about to be liquidated

Attached: 2929B6FA-E217-4C02-9022-9C78028C7935.png (917x871, 234.96K)

Shouldn’t have gotten into an accident.

pretty sure that's the price of freedom

Rip bro. My dad fucked is leg up so bad that it was almost amputated. In the end, the money we lost was the time he wasn't working.

Courage, mec!

>casually earns $200K yearly
Boo fucking hoo

Wasn’t even his fault. We was rear ended and then went into a ditch

$200k a year turns into $2k a year once you factor in cost of living

what happens if you simply dont pay ? do they lock you up in the hospital basement ? if not, just dont pay

Attached: 1656419337484.jpg (840x730, 63.65K)

dont worry insure will pay for 99% of it

cars are an outdated and unsafe form of transportation.

His fault for not voting for a system that prevents this for the past 40 years he could have

Attached: 1607337905597.gif (480x270, 1.24M)

just don't pay

We don’t have insurance because both of my parents are self employed

Assuming that the insurance company doesn't want to fight the case

As if this would have changed anything

it's understandably if your they're unemployed but fucking hell they could have just gotten private insurance

a couple months ago i had chest pains so bad i thought i was going into cardiac arrest but refused to go to a hospital because of what the bill could look like

It costs way too much for what my parents bring in each year. Combined it comes down to like 70k a year unfortunately. We’ve been pretty lucky health wise and haven’t had any issues with any of us before this happened.

we had this leaf backpacker join us at work for a few months. he broke his leg fucking around on a skateboard, he didn't have travel insurance or whatever it was and got some big bill so he legged it back to canada so he didn't have to pay. he also passed out at work and pissed himself on the smoko room couch. the first and last time i met a canadian. 10/10. maybe your family should just gap it to mexico

dont you guys have insurance or something?
I have health insurance that covers basically everything even cancer treatment. Costs like 100 bucks a month

probably GERD
you'd be surprised how many people think they are having a heart attack but it turns out to just be GERD

u should buy a gun and shoot up the hospital

Most people get insurance through their employers but both of my parents work for themselves so we’d have to pay upwards of $20k a year for insurance and we just can’t afford it since my parents don’t really make that much

good thing you don't pay much tax money towards public healthcare so that you have all that money saved up and are able to pay for that healthcare haha

Just negotiate it down with the hospital. Make sure they think you are poor.

>We’ve been pretty lucky health wise and haven’t had any issues with any of us before this happened.
that's the point of insurance, it's either pay a couple hundred a month or have debt coming out of your ass

no, bulimia. vomiting everyday at least 3 times per day really put an awful strain on my heart and chest

Most of that is probably the hospital stay. The reason your healthcare is so expensive is because of all the pointless procedures you are made to believe are necessary but only exist to charge you for it.

Insurance for my family would be a couple thousand a month because my parents are both self employed
My mom’s been on the phone with them all day crying and stuff. My uncle who’s a lawyer might try to help us figure something out. My dad’s medication is fucking expensive too. Worst last couple days of my life desu.

Im honestly surprised that out of all the mass shootings this country has, there haven’t been any notable ones at a doctors office or hospital considering how scummy and life ruining they are compared to kindergartens and parades