We aren't Latin America...

>we aren't Latin America, we live in South America and speak a romance language like the rest of the continent but we are our own difderent thing
Do they really?

Attached: 1639585818406.png (480x640, 319.48K)

Brazil is latin american but brazil is a culture and country big enough and because it speaks portuguese you can tell which stuff is brazillian and which isn't
for latin american most people mean the spanish speaking countries, if it was brazillian, people would say it was brazillian
but technically they are

Right wingers are like that, leftists embrace their latinx heritage

Keep seething mamadou im not Brown in fact im whiter

>leftists embrace their latinx heritage
One big reason to not embrace "latinx heritage" then.

The only ones who consider themselves latinx here are communist and us lapdogs

Unironically all the people who say they're latinx before their nationality are leftist sois.
They're always saying latam as if that's the country they live in.

I don't care if they're Latin American or not. I LOVE BRAZIL.

LATINOS ARE EVIL THEY MAKE CHICKENS AND PIT BULLS FIGHT FOR MONEY

Soon...

Attached: UNASUL Comunista.png (500x333, 11.02K)

i Heard niggers do that too

Basado

Hues should read Oswald de Andrade and his Manifesto Antropófago if they don't want to have such an identity crisis.

The user who forces the “Brazil is not Latin America” meme is obsessed with Oswald de Andrade

so latin american is a globo homo identity?

What do you understand by latino? I take it as a vague association by virtue of language (check), religion (check) and mestizaje (check). There's no call to action, there's nothing really political about it. I just don't get why you guys seem so adamant about a gigantic nothing burger.

In the past our physical isolation to other Latin countries has caused many people not to identify as Latinos, today even with the internet language still is a huge barrier, we don’t know much about you and you don’t know much us. I lived in Argentina and have also been to other Latin countries, by my experience Hispanics have exactly the same stereotypes and prejudices about us as any other gringo, I do think we are Latinos but we definitely feel like we are different, isolated and underrepresented. Also what the other user said is true, communists here are the one forcing a common South American identity so right wingers don’t like the word Latino.

I couldn't have possibly said it better myself. I'd like add that learning Spanish does wonders in recognizing our similarities.
Imo there two types of BINLA posters: a) those who protest against the terminology's use for its political implications and because it was used - fairly speaking, it quite still is - as a tool for oppressing the South and Central American nations. And b) those who want to dissociate themselves as much as they can from the term for its racial implications; and sorry but out of ignorance about our neighbors and our shared history, migration fluxes and DNA. In which case, learning Spanish would come in hand.
A) Seems like a valid take
while
B) Seems right-wing butthurt
t. Not a leftist, Trad-Cath.

>I'd like add that learning Spanish does wonders in recognizing our similarities.
Very true

>by my experience Hispanics have exactly the same stereotypes and prejudices about us as any other gringo
I'm under a different impression. From my experience, they seem to know A LOT about us. I regularly watch Argie news and they're always talking about Brazil; sometimes not just the news, but on regular shows as well. Other than that sometimes I watch Peruvian, Colombian and Venezuelan News and we don't go unnoticed either.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies instead of just calling me a fag. You make a lot of interesting points, especially about our relative isolation, we're all looking north, and it's sociopolitical implications. A lot to think about, I'm going to read up on it and hope that we can be brothers, whatever we call ourselves.

Argentinians definitely know more but not that much, I remember sometimes people from my school there asking me to dance samba even though I stated many times that I was from São Paulo countryside and that we don’t have samba there, also saw people saying that the capital of Brazil is Rio and that we speak Brazilian.