Why are euros obsessed with everything being walkable? Walking everywhere is terrible (inb4 fat...

Why are euros obsessed with everything being walkable? Walking everywhere is terrible (inb4 fat, I run 5-10km 3 times a week). Why don't they just get a car?

Attached: themes-walkability.jpg (1160x714, 168.73K)

We don't walk everywhere, that's the point of public transit.

>obsessed with everything being walkable
They're not. But everyone outside the US is amazed that in America you can't walk ANYWHERE.
Stupid thread.

You can walk plenty of places in NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, etc.

>cars bad
>public transit good
Driving the cheapest, slowest, most cramped and ugliest looking shitbox is infinitely better than having to deal with pic rel every single day

Attached: 5bcf57831e6df_800x533.jpg (800x533, 56.86K)

>San Francisco

Attached: DE09E488-68D3-4D7E-A863-D1E3187CDAC2.jpg (175x275, 8K)

>doesn't want to bonepress that qt
Gay

but she's cute

>lel, i'll just stay close to the cute girls in the subway
90% of times you'll just end up surrounded by sweaty dudes.

That's just symptomatic of an undersized system, you're not supposed to be cramped like that and I don't blame people that take the car in places where the public transit sucks.

incel

it's mostly fat retard redditors that sperg out about loving "walkable" cities

>63Km of metro in a metro area of 15M people

But 10% of the time I'll be right next to a qt and it will be totally worth it

Fat people actually despise public transit because it's a humiliating experience for them. If they're obese they can't sit without taking up two seats.

Me on the left.

>63 km
That's just the Bs. As. "Subte"
you should also include the suburban trains

Attached: buenos aires rail transit.jpg (3508x4961, 1.35M)

Because it makes life easier. Why do you want everything to be pointlessly centered around the podmobile?

Because most people dont want to pile on needless extra expanses of a car because they cant walk 2 miles without being hit by a car. Having more options for transportation is ultimately better and cars are insanely inefficient for the distances most people in the eu travel on a day to day basis

That's dtill pretty bad for the size of Buenos Aires.
Not that Italy is any better, but still it's obvious that's why it's overcrowded.

Driving a car makes me miserable. I would kill myself if I had to drive a car every single day. I don't know how North Americans do it. My theory is that they're bugmen with no consciousness.

trips of truth, unfortunately.
Expanding our rail network isn't really a top priority when a good chunk of the metro area looks like an african warzone. There's a fuckton of bus lines to cover the gaps, THOUGH

Attached: P1060015.jpg (1600x1067, 281.96K)

>when a good chunk of the metro area looks like an african warzone
why is it like this

I think non-Americans are scared of cars and don't appreciate having options like we do.

I live in a walkable area. There is a grocery store a 5 minute walk away from my apartment, but it's expensive and I can only carry so much shit at once. So I'd rather get in my car and drive 10 minutes down the road to the cheaper store once every 2-3 weeks and stockpile on food.
Instead of walk to the small gym two blocks away, I drive to the gym that is 2 miles from my apartment because it's much bigger and always open.
I drive out to the much less crowded suburban barbershop instead of using the hole-in-the-wall generic one by my apartment that's always packed.
I live a 23min walk from downtown and I still drive to concerts anyway because I don't drink and I'd rather not show up sweaty (it's very humid in Florida). If you can't drive then yeah America sucks, but as someone who can do both I still find myself driving places just as often as walking.

Attached: Aof2fitnessclub.gif (752x360, 119.41K)

>having options like we do.
Do you think we don't have cars?