In First Blood (1982), Rambo got arrested for vagrancy

Is this accurate? Do Americans really get arrested for just walking around?

Attached: 1657279266349_1.jpg (849x720, 112.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cdkvvafeMzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

their cities are not walkable

well he gives him a ride and rambo did something he told him not to do, today if you don't follow orders from a cop you will not see daylight ever again

Yes we sure do. Even simply sitting or standing someplace too long. Even quickly passing through

Laws like this exist so that cops can make up a reason to arrest anyone they want. In some ways the laws are nice (i.e. they can evict homeless drug addicts from neighborhoods zoned for family housing), and in other ways they can be used in very predatory ways.

>today if you don't follow orders from a cop you will not see daylight ever again
even if they lost all their friends in a war that your spoiled democracy~, dunken with the most wild and sick capitalism, forced him to go with cheap and boorish propaganda and then when he came back he got treated like shit by spoiled braindead students?

I think he's joking that cops will kill you, this is very rare. In reality Rambo would be harassed in suburban areas and would become a homeless dude in some liberal city that allows him to exist today. Here is a decent video about some homeless vets. youtube.com/watch?v=cdkvvafeMzk
Another thing to realize is that the vast majority of visibly homeless in the USA are drug addicts, either before or after they became homeless.

do americans see first blood as the antiamerican move that is or do they prefer the second with le bad russian guy?

Honestly I haven't talked with anyone irl about First Blood, but it's obvious that First Blood is actually very critical of American society. Every Rambo movie since has totally missed the point.
Rambo 2 is perhaps the worst sequel. There are a few other series that did a similar thing, going from what was a more intellectual original movie to a less intellectual more action-oriented sequel. See Terminator 1 and Terminator 2, or Alien and Aliens. I think Terminator 2 and Aliens are still movies with pretty deep themes and are generally well executed but "easier" to enjoy. However from what I see, Rambo 2 and the other Rambos are referenced much, much less than First Blood.

Rambo wasn't white, american police despise PoC

Attached: 1657255442161.png (329x230, 88.69K)

I should also add that I think the 80s/90s had some surprisingly deep action/horror movies, meanwhile today we have very consumer centric capeshit trash, it's kind of sad. I think Tarkovsky (the guy who made the STALKER movie) actually really liked Terminator because it's theme is fundamentally extremely important, the collective anxiety that humanity has about replacing itself via technology, especially in a capitalist society where labor is viewed as an unfortunate necessity to collecting surplus profits. The Matrix, Office Space, and Fight Club were also very critical of our capitalist status quo and were all huge hits.

Anglos have zero tolerance for this kind of thing.

Attached: 1491731823633.png (969x963, 974.76K)

You reminded me that They Live has pretty similar themes to First blood, so this Italian dude might like it.

Don't forget Robocop and Starship Troopes. Apparently a lot of americans missed that it was supposed to be satire but even when I was like 9 I got it. I mean the first shot of the movie is of a commercial with a child soldier.

in italy first blood is calles rambo same with rambo 2 and rambo 3 so when you say rambo it talks about all the movies but it's mostly used to talk about a guy all-action and shoot-to-everything if you got what I mean
in first blood just the guy from the helicopter dies and he died by himself but everybody think "you are a rambo so you want to kill everybody"

Yeah Robocop is a great example, a lot of seemingly dumb movies actually have very important themes and because they're hidden in dumb action it makes them more potent than if they took themselves entirely seriously.
I think the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy is an example of this. It was executed poorly but it's actually a story about a politician using false flag terror attacks to get both sides of war to fight each other so he can pass authoritarian reforms. It is a really great concept. The execution just didn't pan out.

The clone wars series does a lot to rectify this between bouts of being absolute trash.

Man I love Robocop. Like the megacorp wants to expand in Detroit and the only way they can keep the peace is with policemen that work 24 hours per day and take no vacations.

First Blood is a commentary on PTSD and how badly the Vietnam veterans were treated

I know they live very well and I'm a big fun of carpenter's movies and also music
why nobody does movie like those today? I can't think to a recent american movie that criticize the modern and industrialized society or the American policies like , they live did for society and first blood did for policies. there is something I miss?
>Robocop
>Starship Troopes
all movies from 80s, starship book is even older

There are a few possible reasons.
1. Definitely the internationalization of media. Chinese viewers simply wouldn't understand the themes. Dry superhero shit translates better.
2. It's harder to build a cinematic universe and generate yearly releases that are all of high quality and provide interesting social commentary
3. Society is so ridiculously polarized that if Robocop was released today I think it would be viewed with contempt by republicans or something. Why take the risk if marvel shit will sell?
Nolan's Batman trilogy tried this but I do NOT like the themes of it in retrospect. The Dark Knight has Batman using mass surveillance and lying to the public (analagous to the US govt lying to the people and the patriot act/PRISM), and in the dark knight rises bane is a thinly veiled stand in for occupy wall street, and the supposed anarchy that would ensue if they gained power.

The book has almost nothing to do with the movie.

>Society is so ridiculously polarized that if Robocop was released today I think it would be viewed with contempt by republicans or something

I mean back in the 80's the idea was that the US was the best place on earth, so a critical view of the lifestyle was radical and interesting. Nowdays it's just harping on what we all already know. Some might even call it whiny.

There's a comic that came out in the late 90's called Transmetropolitan that was all about how complacent these good times had made the US. And then 9/11 happened, making the whole premise seem ridiculous.

Walking is illegal in the United States of America.

2022 Rambo gets arrested for refusing to vaccinate