Are trains expensive in your country

are trains expensive in your country
it's literally better to fly here

Attached: 1634732190486.png (656x522, 34.21K)

Using a train is much cheaper here than using a plane. It is also pretty comfy to travel all over Siberia on the train.

Attached: istockphoto-945344150-612x612.jpg (612x408, 64.83K)

>trains

>pretty comfy to travel all over Siberia on the train.
I doubt it.

You just never traveled over Siberia. I was traveling once from Samara to Khabarovsk by train and it took me about a week and it was only in one way. We often stopped and I could take a walk to see a nature there. Very comfy.

Here for long distance plane are cheaper and more convenient than trains

Yes, and everyone looks dead inside. No one is ever excited to take the train cause they know they have to pass through Paris, and also it most likely will be delayed. I wish it wasn't like this though because taking the train is so comfy.

They are very overpriced. You can get deals like traveling outside of busy time windows like 5-6 pm or 8-9 am. Or traveling during the weekend. But normal fares can cost up to 40 euros to just go from for example rotterdam to amsterdam and back. Thats more expensive than gasoline.

I've heard that a way of silently bragging about your wealth in Germany is taking the train. If true, pretty fucking sad. I can buy a ticket from Wrocław to Gdańsk for 5.65€ (granted, with a 51% student discount and a 30% discount for buying in advance, but still that's pretty cheap). Using the same strategy for the longest possible connection, which is Przemyśl - Świnoujście (around 995 km) I can get one for 8.5€, though the 16 hour train ride would be pretty grueling.

>8.5€ for 995km
It's even cheaper than in Russia. Cholera, zazdroszczę ci

To be fair, in a straight line it's 3/4 of that, but yeah. Even though they are often late and people complain about them all the time (when do they don't, lmao), our rail is a thing that I think we could be pretty proud of.

Trains are for freight, not people.

t. railroad dude.

Attached: my_battle_station.jpg (4608x2184, 2.15M)

>Samara to Khabarovsk
why did you do this? what business did you have in eastern russia?

Family members live there and just to travel to Far East

could you post some pics from siberia? did you take any good ones?

Very nice, the stopping for long amounts of time on stations and getting to walk around and buy stuff seems like a soulful tradition. How are the coaches though? 5 days without taking a shower doesn't sound too easy, and neither does sleeping in a train

I don't really take any pictures when I travel. I think we should enjoy the moment instead of chasing the scenery. Sorry, mate

Ns jews got me with the weekend bundle, it doesnt include trams, got a bill of 100euros last month for weekend trams

both are expensive

We have some of the most expensive trains in Europe. My brother pays over £5000 a year to get the train to and from work.

We don't have trains.

Attached: 1596847865898.jpg (510x467, 29.33K)

It depends a lot on when and what you book. You can get a ride across the country for 20€ if you book a month in advance and train during the off hours.
Booking a busy route like Franfurt-Hamburg a few hours in advance you're paying over 100€. First class is also really expensive but that's majnly for business travellers.
Going on long distance tracks with regional trains can also be very expensive but i don't why you'd do that.

Forgot pic

Attached: 1j3zwo10fq991.png (1080x1887, 1.87M)

When I still had the student discount and wanted to visit my grandmother in the countryside a one way ticket was 4.00 PLN (0,84 USD). You literally couldn't travel cheaper. With a car that same route is around 47 kilometers, so even with an extremely fuel efficient shitbox you're still paying for around 2 liters of fuel.

These were good times. Train tickets should be commie-style subsidized. The normal price should be what people are paying right now with student discount.

Attached: 1643025197847.jpg (540x540, 30.87K)

based battle station worker

Attached: 20220708_181746.jpg (2576x1932, 1.55M)

not really, though bus is free across the cunt

We took a train ticket with a small shower, so there was no problem with it. And sleeping is quite problematic for the first couple of days, but you get used to it. Ringing in the ears on the fourth day, but you'll get used to it afterwards. The only problem we encountered is lousy passengers, old folk mostly but if you won't pay attention to them - your trip will be much easier.

>These were good times. Train tickets should be commie-style subsidized. The normal price should be what people are paying right now with student discount.
based

Trains are free here :)