Finns are saving Germany

Finns are saving Germany.

Attached: _125712527_sand_batteries_2x640-nc.png (1280x1112, 301.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/wind-farm-company-admits-150-eagle-deaths-fined-8-million-2022-4
youtu.be/Azaf9tKJNoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My right wing news tells me wind turbines are evil

They kill all the birbs ):

just pump water to a reservoir like a normal person, sperg

Nah, they're just infinitely shit compared to nuclear.

businessinsider.com/wind-farm-company-admits-150-eagle-deaths-fined-8-million-2022-4

This. I know that damming rivers isn't popular, but it's the best way of storing energy.

wtf is a sand battery

They heat up sand and store it in a big silo. Sand is a pretty good insulator so the idea is to use it to generate steam in the winter.

Yeah this shit gonna fail like nokia

Yeah, it probably will, but it's a slow news day so stuff like this gets picked up by a lot of different outlets.

youtu.be/Azaf9tKJNoA

What's the % of efficiency on these silos even, i.e how much is left after a month of storage?

>how sand batteries work
>doesnt explain sand batteries
i still have no idea what those are supposed to be and how they work

They literally just store renewable energy.
They are claiming they 40 diameter and 25 meter tall battery can hold the heat from september to march and it can heat 35 000 peoples homes.
I call bullshit and this will be the last time we hear about it.

sounds like a very fragile infrastructure, i cant imagine sand being reliable

sand battery? so dats why were importing sand beople :-----D

>most stored as heat in sand batteries
Can't they just heat the sand in the sun?

I wonder why the EU shills so hard for EVs when most electric grids can't even handle 30% of the residents having an AC

Because combustion engines require a finite resource and we cant use that resource forever?

Why use a bunch of sand to store heat of all things? Doesn't sand just hold 0 fucking heat which is why deserts can drop to below freezing at night?

Dear god i hope this isn't real question.

It's true but birds are retarded

Attached: 15195.jpg (960x684, 139.32K)